Fiat Abarth Zagato 750GT vs. Chevrolet Corvette

Allan Songer

Not really a fair comparison. I own a 65 vette coupe and the vette would eat the fiat alive. In the final analysis though... what kind of sound systems do each one have? With the vette you don't need no tunes.... just the sound of the exhaust... wonderful......

Quarter mile on a drag strip, Corvette all the way, but laps on a true road course, the Abarth wins. Saw it many a time "back in the day".

I'll take the Fiat Abarth.

not with those tires.

Well, I'll take the vintage Michelin racing tyres over those bias-ply whitewalls on the 'Vette ANY day!!!!

Actually, I like BOTH cars. I'd probably have to choose the "double bubble" over the 'Vette, but they're both b!tchin'.

Not really a fair comparison. I own a 65 vette coupe and the

vette would eat the fiat alive. In the final analysis though...

what kind of sound systems do each one have? With the vette you

don't need no tunes.... just the sound of the exhaust...

wonderful......

Quarter mile on a drag strip, Corvette all the way,

but laps on a true road course, the Abarth wins. Saw it many a time

"back in the day".

I'll take the Fiat Abarth.

not with those tires.

Yep. On those tires.

You had to damn near stop a '59 Vette at

the end of a straight, the brakes would fade horribly... and it's

bias-ply tires had a smaller effective contact patch than the radials

on the Abarth. One was a true sports car, the other was a great

American boulevard rocket. No shame in that.

The Zagato GT, HANDS DOWN! Took me all of 0.01sec to make up my mind.

Is it in your future... or garage? If so, when can I come over?

The only vettes that ever stirred my soul and actucally made me pause and stare are the orig. Mako Prototype and just about any C2 427 Roadster. The 427 was the best engine Chevy ever made IMHO.

post-12381-13819317406336_thumb.jpg

Allan

Im with you. Both are cool. if pressed i would go italian as well. My fav would probably be an alfa 2600 or an original alfa sport special. But thats just me. I used to race a fiat 1100r in SCCA stock sedan class. Lots of fun. Its amazing that I spend more now for a pair of tennis shoes than I did for that car!

Josh

OK GUYS, enough of being nice here..................bring on your FIAT, and bring on your Vette, and watch the back of my Porsche 911 disappear ahead of both of them......................Also while we are on the subject.......Don't kid yourself, a 427 Vette is nice to look at and talk about, but the best Corvettes are SMALL BLOCKS....................Small Blocks rule...........All kidding aside, I'd be proud to own either car, there is just something about a FUELIE Corvette...................

Oh the FIAT! Oh my God look at it - simply gorgeous. Never seen one before - never even heard of it. I wonder if it was ever sold in Europe.

Dont give a rat's about the performance, handling, braking etc. etc. I just want it in my drive to look at it.

I'm dying here. That is a must have.

Allan - buy the vette and tell me where the FIAT is.[6]