Computer speaker recommendations

sdfan

I know there's a seperate forum for this, but I'd rather have the recommendations from the guys on this forum whom I'm familiar with. I'm going to buy Bstock from the klipsch store. Either the ultra 2.0 or the gmx 2.1. Is there a big difference between the two? What about all the problems that I read about with the reliability of the 2.1? It's just used to listen to sirius radio on the internet. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

I'm sure any Klipsch models would do you well. Choose the 2.0s if desk space is at a premium and bass isn't a concern, or the others if a sub is needed for more bass output for your type of music.

I've only owned the original 2.1s all these years and they have yet to give me any problems (personally, I think many owners of 2.1s crank the hell outta 'em and boost the bass control to MAX, and that's why they have problems later on with them, but that's just my take on it).

Jim's given you pretty good advice.

The 2.0 is compact and sounds very good for near field, desktop listening. The 2.1s will fill a reasonably sized room with sound. I've had both for some time and have never had any trouble with either.

The 2.1 are killer. The 2.0 are amazing for their size.

Yup, Jim's advice is good. My computer speakers aren't Klipsch, but I would get some if I were starting over. I have a pair of Alesis Monitor Ones, driver by a 100wpc amp. The Klipsch speakers would cost less. [Y]

Bruce