Colterphoto1 in Nawlins...

IndyKlipschFan

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

We wanted to let everyone know how much it meant to share our home, family and special day with Michael.

He is one of the most caring and loving people we have ever met. We asked him to photograph the wedding because we knew he was a good photographer. More importantly over the last two years Michael had become a good friend through our contact with him on the forum, even though we had never met him in person.

From the moment dtel and I picked him up at the airport we knew this would be a really wonderful week.

Initially, Michael was a little nervous, not knowing what we expected or what he should expect. I had sent numerous emails telling Michael we wanted him to visit and get to know us, just as much as we wanted him to photograph the big day. I told him we were a very "laid back" family and didn't stand on formality I tried to tell him a little bit about each person in the family so he would have a "good read" on what to expect upon his arrival. I guess no amount of emails can adequately prepare someone that lives alone to handle living with nine people for a week. It turns out the last two nights of his stay we had twenty one (21) people as overnight guests. (Michael and Elden's math was a little off, 2500 square feet for 21 people, sharing two bathrooms!!!)

Upon our arrival at our home Michael was greeted by all the other family members with hugs and kisses. I think at that point he began to realize how big of a role he has played in our family, without ever meeting any of us. Colterphoto had been a household "word" for a couple of years, although no one in our family really knew what that word meant. Michael began to understand our family dynamics and accepted each of us for who we were, just as we knew he would.

This triple wedding was extremely stressful on everyone, including Michael. Michael took the "bull by the horns" and walked us through each step, allowing each of us to take baby steps until he got us to the point we needed to be. He personally took charge of the rehearsal and it was like a walk in the park. He led the wedding day with such proficiency even a wedding coordinator could not have achieved. This meant so much to each of us. I would think dealing with one bride would be extremely stressful, Michael dealt with three brides and did it with love and patience. Each bride had "issues" that most people could never understand and should not have to deal with. However, Michael made each of us feel very special. On the wedding day he remained with the grooms and calmed their nerves, while we (the brides) attended hair appointments and met at the venue to get dressed. The event went like clockwork. The ceremony was delayed by about fifteen minutes, however we were waiting for a great grandmother of one of the grooms to arrive.

Last night after the wedding Elden, Jamie (our daughter), Johnny (Jamie's husband) Michael and I went to Bourbon Street and saw the sights. Elden and I then took Michael to the airport, we parked and went it to see Michael off.

I have to tell you folks, there wasn't a dry eye among the three of us at the airport. Dtel is not a "softy" by any stretch of the imagination, however even he let a few tears fall when it was time to tell Michael goodbye. It felt like we were telling a favorite family member goodbye with the promise to visit them in six months in Indy.

We tried to tell Michael how much we appreciated what he had done for us and our family, but as usual Michael didn't fully understand how important he was to us. His photography skills have taken second place to his friendship, caring, advice and most of all his unconditional love for each of us. I can't even write this post without tears flowing. I am so envious of those of you who have the opportunity to spend time with Michael on a regular basis. My hope is that each of you realize how good a friend you have in Michael. Maybe one day as a collective group we can make Michael see how much he means to us and how special he really is.

I am sitting here crying like a baby and dtel says, "The plane never crashed, we will see him again soon.". I guess that's dtel's way of handling his emotions over Michael going home. The house is a little short on laughter since Michael has gone home. The nine of us leave on our cruise tomorrow and have promised to bring laptops to keep us with the forum and to keep in contact with Michael over the next six days.

Since I am getting the keyboard all wet with tears and I really don't want to be "electrocuted" I will close by saying, "Michael we all love you and thank for you everything you have done for us as a family." Even if the Pilgramage is cancelled we will be in Indy in June to see you and to meet Roger's family. We are very much looking forward to spending time with all of you again.

Michael your love, laughter and support will be sadly missed until you are able to visit with us again. We love you.

I did not check spelling or grammar in this post, as it was difficult enough to write through the tears.

• Moderators

Michael,

We are glued to the computer screen. All the dtel women are squealing with joy. I know you are familiar with that sound![;)] Absolutely beautiful pictures Michael.

Michael you have won our hearts forever with that pic of Buddy. You know how "special" he is to all of us and you captured our little man perfectly. You captured the heart and soul of Buddy.

Michael, we love you, don't ever forget that.

Uh YEAH!!!! God, I love you Michael. And not just because you made us all beautiful brides, but because you are such a beautiful person. Inside and out. I love that sexy bedroom hair and your loving personality. I can't wait to see you again!!!! And I've never met a more fun or caring guy. Thank you for making this entire week and especially our wedding the best I could have ever imagined. You made the group complete and it doesn't quite feel right with you gone. You are officially adopted into the dtel home and the door is always open. I've never met a person quite like you! Your feelings and loving nature show in your words and actions, but your pictures mean the world because you love shines through!!!!

• Moderators

As long as you feel up to it. You are killing us here, we are missing you more and more each time we look at a pic. You are the man!!!!

Please don't wear yourself out with this project. Pace yourself, as long as you feel like posting we will keep looking.

BTW, how many pics did you take in total during your weeks stay here? We know there are also other pics from sightseeing, Katrina, etc. We were just wondering how your "trigger" finger is feeling after pushing that button so many times.[;)]

You should be glad you are doing these pics at home, because you know all nine of us would be looking over your shoulder with anticipation.

Joni said to tell you, "You haven't been gone twenty four hours and we are left with eating pizza for dinner." No one wanted to cook, imagine that.

• Moderators

Michael... Hold up.....

Christy just contacted me & asked if I could host the photos, just like I did for the Corns.... Contact me & we will work it out.

Cyclone, thank you so much. How do you like the pics so far? I just want to make sure you guys put the thread where as many members as possible get the chance to see them.

YOU GUYS ARE THE GREATEST!!!!!

Michael, you could post two or three more pics for us?????