Vitavox S2 holy grails in Canada

sheltie dave

Steve, these are the Klipschorn licensed base bins with what I have been told are the best two way solitaire horn setup/driver setup. I've never heard a set, but these should be stomping, especially with Maron's TAD woofs dropped in the bins. Here is the thread discussing them.

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/321841.aspx

There was a set about 18 months ago that went for about $3500.

Steve, these are the Klipschorn licensed base bins with what I have been told are the best two way solitaire horn setup/driver setup. I've never heard a set, but these should be stomping, especially with Maron's TAD woofs dropped in the bins. Here is the thread discussing them.

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/321841.aspx

There was a set about 18 months ago that went for about $3500.

do ya think they will go for ?

Anyone else ever hear these sucka's?

Smilin wanna know.........puleazeeee[:P]

What

Yeah, Romy's keen on Vitavox compression drivers for what it's worth.

Some of this may be a case of "buying the pot", as the things are so rare most of us will never hear them, like the guys that crow about ALE and GOTO. You can make claims and we can't say much because we'll never hear the things. Whereas we all get to hear ( and have opinions about) Klipsch, JBL, Altec, EV, TAD and such with little effort.

In any event Romy is as funny as Hell and a real bright guy. His site is pretty good.

http://www.goodsoundclub.com/

TBrennon.....I agree...I get on his site at least once a week.....But i do think he,s crazy...Like a cheshire cat..I like his angle at looking at audio gear.........Dave I agree DD would jack up the price of just the dust & cobwebs on his gear.....Havent been there in years..But i think i saw the Vitavix parts on his web site....Tried the Baby Smittys last night....Trying different xover positions.

Guy, Dicks has a set of S2 tophats (bare) in St. Louis at $375. Isn't most of the value parked in the S2 lens and driver, or are the Vitavox woofers the shitzz as well?

As far as Dave Dicks goes with price gouging, last week I looked at a pair of nice Boston A100 oak two way speakers- the seller was asking $80. This week they are on Dick's website for only $295.

"Some of this may be a case of "buying the pot", as the things are so rare most of us will never hear them, like the guys that crow about ALE and GOTO. You can make claims and we can't say much because we'll never hear the things."

It's like Tom mentions in the quote Dave, the stuff is so rare many will never hear them. They may be excellent sounding drivers, but most will never know because the money they go for, and the rarity involved. They may be nothing special, either.

It's like the HF1016 Whiteley Stentorion 10" full range driver. Check out the prices they go for on eBay if any have popped up lately, or any other British Whiteley Stentorion brand drivers. While they may not be as rare as the Vitavox stuff, the HF1016 is rather rare.

The HF1016 has a cool gold hammertone basket, a good sized Alnico slug, and a couple speaker taps. I've have heard a pair. They can churn out low bass with two watts, have excellent midrange, and have enough high-end extension to not require tweeters.

But like all full-range drivers they can get rough when pushed a bit. I could live with a pair easily, but not for the prices they command. They ain't that great.....The Japanese love them and will pay whatever it takes.The Coral Beta's get big bucks as well. Never heard those.

Guy, Dicks has a set of S2 tophats (bare) in St. Louis at $375. Isn't most of the value parked in the S2 lens and driver, or are the Vitavox woofers the shitzz as well?

As far as Dave Dicks goes with price gouging, last week I looked at a pair of nice Boston A100 oak two way speakers- the seller was asking $80. This week they are on Dick's website for only $295.

Dave,

Most of the value is in the S2 drivers and lens. Otoh, a complete set of drivers is quite rare these days. Dicks tophats are not original Vitavox but a home made pair and are priced accordingly.

If you don't care about originality, these speakers are nice but the bass bin isn't original so no real collectors value here . Not too long ago, S2 drivers used to go for less than $1500 a pair. IMO, the pair of speakers offeres on ebay, are way to expensive and shipping from Canada won't be cheap either.