60th Anniversary Klipschorn

playntheblues

Does anyone have an idea how much they (Klipsch) are asking for the 60th anniversary K-horn? I am in the market again and have been looking at the new stuff. I noticed that the new Cornwall III is 102 db eff. which is better than the older models. Are they using the same drivers? If you bought the Cornwall III could you put a TAD driver on the mid range and change the crossover? Lots of questions sorry guys but I am ready to buy some speakers. I will be selling a pair of beat up black LaScala's with the AA network (Bob C) which has been cryoed and they have Bob C's tweeter in them as well, here shortly in the Dallas area. Thanks, Guy<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Don't forget, you can get a pair of Jubilees for "under $7,000" delivered to your door (less additional expense of active or passive). I believe that is less than the list price of a REGULAR Khorn, not to mention the 60th?

Pro's: 109 db/w with active (108 with passive), 2-way, final cumination of PWK's ideas, 1/3rd LESS distortion than a Khorn, MUCH more room friendly as far as needing a corner is concerned.

Con's: Not "quite" as asthetic as a Khorn, available in black or unfinshed

If you're thinking about forking that kind of cash out, you are welcome to come listen to them (perhaps you can "zip up" during your lunch break? [;)])

If you've read any of the past commentary about them from others who've heard them (JC, Mark, Marion, Drew, Becky, Terry) I think it's reasonable for me to say that everyone has liked them. (for full disclosure, Drew & Terry have not made any comments on the forum, that I've seen)

Bottom line, you WOULD be welcome to come listen to them if perchance that is within your desire/ability to do so.

[:)]

Coytee, are you going to suggest everyone above the Synergy level PRO-MEDIA line buy a set of Jubilees? Just busting your chops, but by the time Khorns are in the hunt, buyers usually know what they want, 'specially with Diamond jubilee speakers[:P]

Perrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhaps... [6]

It DOES seem to me in my highly non-scientific way of remembering things that... you always need some cheerleaders and my wife thinks I look DYNOMITE in a cheerleading outfit... [:P]

Did I just say that on a public forum?

[:^)] [:o] [:$] [:^)] [:o] [:$]

Dean, I'm glad to see you still have a sense of humor. Dean your horns would be a real contender if you didn't live so far.

Parrot, thanks I had no idea they would cost that much WOW!

Coytee, hmmmm very interesting. My wife is very good about what stereo equipment I bring home, however I don't think she could live with that HUGE horn on top. She probably would not say a word but still that horn is HUGE! Coytee I guess I nees to research past threads but as long as I have your attention. Do you like your horns or do they sound SO good that it overcomes there looks and cost?

Have you contacted Trey? I clearly remember a thread he started (or chimed in) where he said they were keeping a COUPLE pair held back for US distribution.

Perhaps I didn't understand or perhaps that idea died. I did see it though, I'll see if I can find it. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I'd try to contact Trey directly.

Don't forget, you can get a pair of Jubilees for "under $7,000" delivered to your door (less additional expense of active or passive). I believe that is less than the list price of a REGULAR Khorn, not to mention the 60th?

Pro's: 109 db/w with active (108 with passive), 2-way, final cumination of PWK's ideas, 1/3rd LESS distortion than a Khorn, MUCH more room friendly as far as needing a corner is concerned.

Con's: Not "quite" as asthetic as a Khorn, available in black or unfinshed

If you're thinking about forking that kind of cash out, you are welcome to come listen to them (perhaps you can "zip up" during your lunch break? [;)])

If you've read any of the past commentary about them from others who've heard them (JC, Mark, Marion, Drew, Becky, Terry) I think it's reasonable for me to say that everyone has liked them. (for full disclosure, Drew & Terry have not made any comments on the forum, that I've seen)

Bottom line, you WOULD be welcome to come listen to them if perchance that is within your desire/ability to do so.

[:)]

don't listen to the jub-envious! you just keep recommending the jubs after all, you have heard them!!

roy delgado