Klipsch F/S in Milwaukee, WI - Set of Eight!

Dale A B

This is not my sale, but I called the guy in S/W MIlwaukee, WI. He has a pair of Forte's, pair of Kg 2.2, pair of KG 1.2, an Academy center channel, and a SW-10 subwoofer. Sub is finished in oak, the rest in walnut. Has original boxes, manuals, etc. Excellent condition.

Is looking to get $850 or best offer - will not split up. Ad was originally listed in the Milwaukee-Journal Sentinel. Call 414-541-5474 (Tim)

The system is apparently stored at this time in their boxes, but sounds like a great deal to me!

Dale

JM-that is a cool thing to do.

I just found a similar local deal. It was supposed to be an all Klipsch set-up. However when I got there the only thing Klipsch was the SW-12 sub and a pr. of KG 2's. The other speakers were all Snell. I bought them but wanted Klipsch. How he could confuse the two I have no idea. He had been using them for 8 years and thought he had an all Klipsch set-up.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you SO much for posting that set for sale!!!! I picked them up tonight and they were better than expected - like new in the box, re-packed the way they came stored in the basement. Oringinal manuals, brochures, etc. from the original owner.

Made my Christmas!!!!

DW

Just anothah satisfied customah here on the Klipsch forum[:D] That's a very nice deal - the Fortes and Academy are worth more than the purchase price. Now stick around and see how best to use those[Y]

Right now running an Onkyo NR-801 - questioning whether I need something better. Also have a Nobis Cantabile for 2Ch.

How would the group re-arrange for HT and another room for 2Ch?

Here are my speakers in total;

1 Pr Chorus II's

1 Pr Forte

1 Pr KG 2.2

1 Pr KG 1.2

1 Pr KG 1

1 x KG 2.2V Center

1 x Academy Cente

1 x SW10

DW

Chorus IIs for Left and Right Mains...sweeeet...

Academy for Center...(same tweets as the Chorus II and Forte II)...

Forte for rear surrounds...

SW 10 For your Sub...

Sell all the rest and get another pair of Quartets or Forte' IIs or Chorus IIs...or Klipschorns...or ...

Do a search for member popbumper for his Academy upgrade...the Academy is sweet as is...popbumper takes it to the next level as a center...careful though...then you will want to upgrade the crossovers in the left and right mains...enjoy what you have for a while...you got a KILLER package. Sweet!

Bill

Chorus IIs for Left and Right Mains...sweeeet...

Academy for Center...(same tweets as the Chorus II and Forte II)...

Forte for rear surrounds...

SW 10 For your Sub...

Sell all the rest and get another pair of Quartets or Forte' IIs or Chorus IIs...or Klipschorns...or ...

Bill

Exquisite advice, exactly where I would have taken him. Note that the 'leftovers' make up a pretty nice sm 5 ch setup on their own. That $850 paid for the Forte's and Academy, all the rest basically came FREE. Excellent deal there. I'd keep the KG/V lineup with the SW10- put in a second room or sell as a package, then upgrade the woofer. Those Chorii/Fortii could use a bit more sub than the SW10. I think an RW-12 would be a nice fit, and not too spendy.

But you done good. REAL GOOD. Merry Christmas and Welcome to the Madness!

I agree with silversport about chorus mains, academy center, and forte rears. I also agree with Colterphoto about the sw10 not being enough sub for the chorus. I have the same setup and that's exactly what I experience. Although I would not scrap the sw10. Instead, I would use it as a center channel mated to the Academy to help with the Academy's shortcomings, namely the bottom end. you will notice a large timbre difference between the chorus's and Academy, but adding a sub to the center eliminates this timbre difference. Then you will have to add another sub. I still haven't found that part of nervana. I have a large homade sub with two 15" drivers in it, but WAF frowns heavily. Better luck to you.

Fortes for side OR back, whichever is furthest from your seating postion. Use one of the other sets for the other surround pair. That will help because the efficency will compensate for distance a bit. No point in putting the Fortes right beside you then having to turn them WAAAY down.

I'd stick with 5.1 or 6.1 for now. There aren't any (or many) soundtracks with 7 discrete channels anyway, so unless your room and seating area is tremendously large, I can't imagine the need for 7 channels.