cleaning out the attic.. FS items

dp1954

Hey all.

The time has come where my obsessive compulsive disorder must be brought to a head, and I am going to be selling some items after xmas. I"m just checking to see if anybody on the board would be interested in any of these before I put them up on espay. I have decided to take the mcintosh route with my hobby. In the last month and a half I've picked up a c-11, pair of mc30's, a mac1900 and an mc240. As much as I hate to do it I need to get rid of a few items. It doesn't do them any good to be sitting around idle, and someone else needs to enjoy them. I just hate letting anything go. Anybody else feel like that? Anyway the things I will be selling are 2 eico hf81's, a scott 222 and a pioneer sx-1280. All are fully functional and work properly. Cosmetics on all are at least 8/10(my rating is conservative). All the tube items have new output caps, and a new set of jj/tesla el84's. I also have a very nice pair of chorus I"s speakers in walnut/oil that I have been storing for about 2 years in disuse. There just isn't anyway I"m ever going to use all of this mess. The eicos and the scott I"d be asking around 425 apiece. The pioneer 600 and the chorus I's 650. My digital camera is dead, but I will be able to provide pics after xmas. Word has it that my other half is getting a real nice new camera from santa!! If I don't see any interest on these items between now and xmas I"ll put them straight to ebay. The scott and eico's no problem shipping. The pioneer/chorus I"d prefer somebody pick up. The pioneer is one HEAVY beast. I"d forgotten how heavy it was until this past weekend when I moved it while redoing a few things in my setup.

Thanks

Dave

Too bad the ol' Norfolk & Western 1218 is back in mothballs again and not running excursions back down to Jacksonville from Roanoke like it did back in the '90s...I'd have you load up those Chorus Is in its mailcar and send 'em down this way!

Alas, the locomotive's retired and I'm broke anyway. Hopefully they'll get a good home somewhere's else (along with the rest of your sale items).

Good luck, Dave!

post-11084-13819318034992_thumb.jpg

Hey Jim,

If you are interested in a pair of Chrous I's I would sell mine to you. They are black but are truly mint. I am currently using them as rears, but am hoping to score some Khorns in the future and would move my La Scala's to the rear. I paid $700 for these and would like to get that in return. I'll take some pics if need be, but why don't you just come on over and take a look at them. [:D]

Shipping them is just too much trouble since I don't have the original boxes.

Mike

Edit: Hi Dave... no intention of hijacking your thread. Jim only lives about 70 miles from me.

No problem mike... N&S still has a big footprint in this town. Pretty much built the area. Not in a hurry with any of this stuff. Anybody interested just let me know. Its awful easy to bring stuff into the system but very hard to let it go..... Buts its time to quit hoarding stuff I just can't use..

Dave

I really am hoping that someone who wants the 1280 would be willing to pick it up or at least meet me within an hour or so of Roanoke. I hadn't picked the thing up in a while, I couldn't believe how heavy it is. With shipping/packing it will probably run close to 100 bucks to ship. Thats one reason its best to pick it up if at all possible. It really is a nice unit and at 185 watts rms will run just about anything out there. All of the units are in very good condition.

Dave

Those heavy receivers take a beating in shipping . I lost a Kenwood KR9600 to fed ex this past year. It was real heavy, 2 handles bolted on the front just to help move it. I double boxed had sheets of styrofoam ,and from the damage done it looks like they dropped it right on a corner and crunched it in. Used a heavy duty "Dell "computer box. Almost have to make a plywood encasement.

Hey Phil.

I haven't sold anything yet. I want to wait until after xmas before I move anything. I'd hate to ship anything with the amount of stuff the services are moving now. No telling how it would survive. Danville is about 100 miles. Matter of fact I'll be heading through Danville on Sat morning. Heading to NC for the holidays. Some have expressed interest in the eico's, but nothing solid as of now. If you can pickup that would be great. What are you interested in? whatever you guys are not interested in I will put directly to espay..

Dave

Hi Dave,

I would be interested in the eico. I will be taking the Kids to Great Wolf Lodge in Williamsburg, VA on Saturday so that would be out I guess. Anyway, the Pioneer also looks tempting, but I really want a tube set-up. I really don't know enough about the Eico. Is it a integrated amp?

I could do local pickup as well.

What part of NC are you going to. I grew up, or have lived half my life there.

Phil