How will this sound?

iXtreme

I have the Sony ES 3200 receiver and want to pair it up with the following speakers for 5.1 home theater. I have picked the synergy line because it's in my price range. I'd love to hear some opinions on how you think this will sound?!

A set of SB3's for fronts... and a second set of SB3's for the "b" channel while in stereo mode

A set of SB2's for my surrounds

2 of the synergy sub 12" powered subs because I am set up to run two

SC3 center channel for the center.... of course.

No, right now I am using all Cerwin Vega but want to upgrade to these. Not sure if it'll be an upgrade though so I thought I'd ask.

I use a second set of fronts for my "b" channel on the receiver which is actually in the back of the room. It filles the room a little more than just two and the subs.

If it were me and money was an issue, I would go with Floorstanding Speakers for the front and do away with the second subwoofer. In fact for the money you would be saving with not buying a second sub you could upgrade to the middle of the line Reference series and imo be slightly more happy. If money isn't an issue I would consider what I suggest and go ahead and purchase that other Subwoofer. [Y] Of course this is my opinion and YMMV. [:)]

Definitely invest in reference stuff, even if only bookshelves. Or, you

can look into some smaller RF floor standers like the 15s or 52s and

the bass can EASILY be augmented with a good subwoofer. If it can be

done, i would recommend an all Reference setup. Besides the subwoofer

doesn't have to be Klipsch but maybe HSU...

Instead of running a second pair of mains off the B channel, you could go 7.2 with your system and then listen to music in Dolby Prologic or DTS: Neo6. They are surround sound extraction algorithms designed specifically for music for the express purpose of filling the room better. They're really cool because they minmize comb-filtering issues by having multiple speakers playing the exact same things. There should also be some settings in your receiver to manipulate how the sound is spread around all of the channels.