Pioneer Elite

Kyler Cavers

Well with my new setup soon on the way I'm considering steping up to Elite from the normal Pioneer line. My setup will consist of RF-82's and my RSW-12 from my last setup; I'm wondering what you all think of the VSX-80TXV and the DV-46AV? I was originally going to go with the VSX-1016TXV and the DV-490V. Any opinions on these products would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sounds like you are into HT and I know nothing about that, as I still try to get the first two channels to be right.

But, for what it is worth, and not so much from me as from others, I understand that the Elite sounds pretty good and is well respected. As I recall, I listened to one at Hope '06 and thought it sounded pretty good.

tc

Go with the pioneer elite system, you will be happy.

Tim Hennig
Appleton, Wisconsin
-----------------------------------------------------------

2 Klipsch F2 floor speakers
1 Klipsch C1 center channel
4 Klipsch S1 surround speakers
Yamaha HTR-5790 7.1 Channel THX Digital Home Theater Receiver
Sony 5 disc DVD/CD player
Panasonic LCD 45" wide projection HDTV
An old VCR
Sega Genesis gaming console
Sony PlayStation 2 gaming console

About 8 or so years ago, I paid the difference to buy the Elite over the nearly indentical standard Pioneer receiver. I don't remember the model numbers, but the Elite carried a significantly higher price. I ordered the service manual from Pioneer and found out that the same manual covered both the Elite and the standard Pioneer versions. The schematic showed IDENTICAL parts between the two (same part numbers, too), except for one additional feature that the Elite had - a second zone feed. So, at least at that time, I paid a lot of money for a prettier black finish on the cabinet... Perhaps things have changed since then; perhaps not.

I have a Pioneer Elite VSX 52 TX, RF-7's and RC-7, with KG-4s in the rear/side. I like it, it is very versitile. I've had it for about a year and a half with no problems. It will play louder than I care to hear, no complaints from me.

Well I wouldnt bother even looking at the pioneer 1016, I bought one just before christmas and traded in on boxing day for a harmon kardan avr 340 which kills the pioneer in sound quality. And even though the hk is rated at much less wattage, it has more power than the pioneer. As far as the elite goes, I havent tried one out yet, but the one you are talking about is only one step up from the 1016. Im running rf-62's, very similiar speakers to yours and i think you will enjoy the sound of a hk receiver much better!

This is the open box store model I just bought last month VSX-74TXVi. As far as quality with Klipschorns it sounds very good indeed. I also just bought an open box DV-45A . I waited untill the year end and saved approximately $1.200. I paid a total of $750.00 for both units with factory warranty. I did want the HDMI DVD player oh well, I might not make it to HD till the prices drop. I do not want to pay $2,000.00 for a 20 inch HD tv when I have 2 -27 inch flat screens at the present time. I will say that so far the pioneer elite DVD player has the best picture I have seen so far. I did not get the manuals to these units so I downloaded from pioneer. Each manual was 88 pages so if you do this have ink ready LOL. I like the piano black finish, I wish they would have kept the cherry wood sides on them.

Regards Jim

post-3695-1381931834283_thumb.jpg