How is Cal Blacksmith Doing?

Hey Wayne!

I have been away from the forum for awhile. I just read through this thread. I am glad to hear you are doing well after the surgery. My wife and I wish you all the best. Hope to get together with you in the future again. Also, I hope that Academy is holding up well.

Much Aloha!!!!

Jeff

Hello all, just checking in to let you all know I am still alive.

Jeff, the Academy is doing just great. It sounds super between the two Fort'es that are used for my mains. I went to my buddys house for New Years Eve and we watched movies on his setup. Now granted they are not into audio like the people here but the sound there was really bad. The TVs speakers were used for the "center" and an inexpensive suround receiver and the manufacturers speakers were for the mains and rears. The mismatch between the center and the mains was VERY distracting, like the difference between a hand held transistor radio of the 60s and a 90s era boom box! He is my best buddy and I didn't say a word, after all, we were there for the friendship, not the audio.

I made a batch of choc chip cookies last night and I even managed to eat 3 of them over 12 hours without getting sick (a real possibility with this surgery and eating too many sweet things). I made 6 dozen total, while I won't be able to eat them, the wife is a cookie freek and I made points with her[;)]