OT: Oh, Happy Day: ..xdetroitx gets Hitched!!

picky

Hello everyone! I have some wonderful news to share with you all: Last evening (Saturday, January 6th), Verna and I were both honored and privileged to attend the wedding of fellow forum member xdetroitx (Mike) and his lovely bride Allison!

CONGRATULATIONS MIKE AND ALLISON!

It was an absolutely beautiful wedding that took place in a very special setting; Canterbury Castle in Lake Orion, Michigan. This little village of Canterbury is a collection of medieval-looking buildings that serve as very unique little shops and eateries with a Christmas theme. The "Castle" serves as a banquet and reception center. The outside of the building has lots of stonework and a huge, animated clock with very large bells and human-figures that move and change with the chiming of each hour. The inside is very ornate woodwork with beautiful details such as a double grand staircase with carved wooden newel posts that resemble the heads of Knights wearing armored helmets, huge chandeliers with hundreds of lights and suits of armor standing in strategic locales around the rooms.

Some of you may remember that Verna and I first met Mike and Allison this past summer. They were among the attendees of our little Klipsch Forum Members backyard BBQ/Open House in late August. It was wonderful of Mike and Allison to remember us and invite us to share and witness their very special day with them together in front of God and Jesus Christ. May God Bless you both and may living in Christ carry you along the road to a very long and successful marriage! Verna and I wish you both the best! Thank you for allowing us to share last evening with you and now we'd like to share some of the evening with you all:

The Happy Couple, Mike and Allison:

post-10177-13819321106046_thumb.jpg

Congratulations to the happy couple. And might I say- very dashing suit and lovely wedding dress! And I've seen a few. Mike and Allison, you two look stunning. Tell Allison that I love her jewelry ensemble and the champagne satin edge on her veil sets off the dress detail marvelously! Tres Chic!

• Moderators

Congratulations to the happy couple. And might I say- very dashing suit and lovely wedding dress! And I've seen a few. Mike and Allison, you two look stunning. Tell Allison that I love her jewelry ensemble and the champagne satin edge on her veil sets off the dress detail marvelously! Tres Chic!

Congratulations Mike and Allison. Picky and Verna, thanks for sharing this with us.

Michael, that comment and others like it are what make you such a good photographer.

Thank-you all and thanks for coming Picky. I really appreciated it. You and your wife are always welcome at any event we throw. We should be having a bar-b-q in the spring to show off the house a bit.

Mike: Name the date and we'll be there! Thanks! -Glenn

BTW: We have more photos from your wedding we need to get to you, Mike.