Joe's Khorns made it to Chicago

Chicago_Pete

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Khorns, a BBX, Beatles LP's, and 220 CD's all from Joe have certainly made this a fun past week.

Yeah, how the *&%# you gonna top that?

Smart guy, thanks to you I'm suffering buyers remorse.

I just A/B'ed these beasts (no easy task) and I like my 64's better.

I need a new hobby.

Proof positive that sometimes older is better. [;)]

You could always get into cycling. There's a great bike shop in Palos Heights. Richards Bikes AKA www.rbikes.com. Ask for Mike Richard, he'll hook you up. [:D]

I need a new hobby.

Don't hate me because I'm always right. [:D]

You're a good man, Pete, with good ears and respectful of classic Klipsch.

I need a new hobby.

Don't hate me because I'm always right. [:D]

You're a good man, Pete, with good ears and respectful of classic Klipsch.

Amazingly, even when you're wrong, you're right. [;)]

The Khorns, a BBX, Beatles LP's, and 220 CD's all from Joe have certainly made this a fun past week.

Yeah, how the *&%# you gonna top that?

I need a new hobby.

Proof positive that sometimes older is better. [;)]

You could always get into cycling. There's a great bike shop in Palos Heights. Richards Bikes AKA www.rbikes.com. Ask for Mike Richard, he'll hook you up. [:D]

You are in Southern Cal and know about a bike shop in Palos. Ill bite, how does that happen?

How much are you going to ask for Joe's?

Joe's look much nicer than my old guys but I guess I'm just used to them. I honestly don't know what to ask? Joe gave me a killer deal grouped with a BBX. Shipping wasn't cheap, but I'm no profiteer. Fair offer? I would like to see them go to a forum member.

Craig, I'm impressed! 9:18 without anything sticking out of the hood, Dominator? 10:24 was my lifetime best but not in this heavy *** Poncho:)

Nice 67 with the Welds, slapper bars, vinyl top, good looking car. Still have it?

Yup 1050 dominator! 60 over 427, BM aluminum rods, blue printed GM crank and 4 bolt main block, 14:1 light weight nitrous pistons, Lunati 800 lift roller cam, Victor intake, custom tapered headers. Full 4" exhaust and 100% street legal except the slicks.

We put this above motor in a friend of mines Mustang with a 4 link suspension/10" tires and clicked off 8:32's on a one stage NOS big shot system.

Sold it to a Friend about 3 years ago when I realized I was never going to be able to play with it much again.

That above picture was not of the car in its last rendition at that time it had diiferent 427 with a basically stock bottom end, GM aliminum D port heads ported by Sam G in Detroit and a Holley 950 race carb and the car clicked off 9:50 to 9:60 spraying 2 stages of nitrous (top Gum star wars kit) regularly in fact the day that picture was taken I ran my best time with that motor 9:51 at 146 MPH. I had an after market 4" cowl indunction hood with the above motor that ran bottom 9's. That baby would never fit under the factory hood.

Craig

Hey Pete,

Were Joe's with the DeanG crossovers??? Don't your '64's have those...Sweet looking and sounding speakers, both...and here I sit with perfect sounding AK-4 C style Klipschorns in Walnut stained and slightly battered birch raw...When you decide...someone is going to get a deal...I have bought things from Pete...easy deal...good luck with your "worries" (Mahogany or Walnut...1964 or ... ;) )

Bill

Not having heard a pair of Klipschorns since '80, I'm curious as to how much better your '64s sound in comparison to the much newer pair you just bought from Joe. What differences are there sonically?

Jim. The 64's probably sound less accurate by some peoples standards. The bass is fuller, not as tight. Vocals seem smoother. Just my opinion.

Hey Pete,

Were Joe's with the DeanG crossovers???  Don't your '64's have those...Sweet looking and sounding speakers, both...and here I sit with perfect sounding AK-4 C style Klipschorns in Walnut stained and slightly battered birch raw...When you decide...someone is going to get a deal...I have bought things from Pete...easy deal...good luck with your "worries" (Mahogany or Walnut...1964 or ... ;) )

Bill

Bill, I swapped in Deans crossovers from my 64's for the listening tests. Joe's Khorns came with the original crossovers.
You should buy these for an all Khorn home theater:)

You are in Southern Cal and know about a bike shop in Palos. Ill bite, how does that happen?

I am into cycling. I have bought a ton of stuff from Richards. Most recently a new FOES FXR.

Chicago...........Is it fair to make such a judgement on one or two listens? You really don't like the sound of those Khorns? Damn man, you need to take that GOAT for a ride, let her rip, then listen again. I realize Heresy's are not Khorns, but when I got them, I didn't care for their sound, wanted to take them back, but within a couple of days I felt, and still do, quite different, and the longer I own them, the more I like them...........They are such fine lookin' speakers................Sorry

You could always get into cycling. There's a great bike shop in Palos Heights. Richards Bikes AKA www.rbikes.com. Ask for Mike Richard, he'll hook you up. [:D]

I am into cycling. I have bought a ton of stuff from Richards. Most recently a new FOES FXR.

I had to see what a FOES FXR was? I dont know a thing about cycling but that bike is very, very impressive looking. So, I got to ask, when you purchase a cycle at that price point, is there a world of difference between the FOES and lets say a similar style cycle in the $1000 range?

Bill, I swapped in Deans crossovers from my 64's for the listening tests. Joe's Khorns came with the original crossovers.

You should buy these for an all Khorn home theater:)

...right after my Trust comes in and I get a bigger house...[;)]...dreaming again...still sweet!...wonder how your newer ones sound stock...compared to DeanG '64s...is it possible differences in the speakers make Dean's mods need a tweak???

Bill