Have your guys been to the poormedia, I mean promedia forums?

BigBusa

Justin,

I think what Busa is referring to is the many complaints regarding the Pro-Medias. Granted, the complaints are few when compared to the numbers sold but it's still a lot of complaints. You don't find that with their home audio products. Klipsch saw a nitch (hey, that rhymes) with the PC speakers and jumped on it. I'm sure ole PWK would have left that technology to someone else (imho)...

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems

This message has been edited by Mike Lindsey on 12-04-2001 at 11:44 AM

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm done with that stirring up controversy. The promedia owners can handle it themselves I'm sure. I don't need everyone thinking I'm some kind of ********.

------------------

My system thus far:

1980 Cornwalls (mains)

1990 Heresy II's (rears)

2001 KLF-C7 (center)

2001 KSW15 (Subwoofer)

SONY STD-D611 (reciever)Kenwood DV402 (DVD)

Sony KV 27V55 (9 year old 27" TV still kickin')

:eyes

BigBusa

SHEEEESH!!

Enough already. You admit you don't even own a set of 5.1's and then have the gall to complain incessantly about the quality of the speakers.

The number of posts in the forum does seem to indicate that there are issues and further that the folks at Klipsch have not been bending over backwards to advertise the fact - GET A GRIP. I am sure they are trying to sort out the problems -as well they should. They are not however under any obligation to persuade potential customers not to purchase their products.

If you must bytch and whine go haunt some other site. Can you spell Troll boys and girls? Yes Timmy? OK lets hear it. B-I-G-B-U-S-A.BAD Timmy BAD we do not discuss that body part in polite society! Now apologise to Mr. Troll!

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca. 1304 BCE)

Hey Lynn... ligten up! Busa is by no means a troll. He already said he was done with this topic or didn't you read his post further up? He makes a very valid claim regarding the Pro Media's. My God, just look at the first page under the 5.1 section... it is crawling with complaints! Some people are on their 4th set because of QC problems. Granted, Klipsch is doing their best to rectify the problems but for this to happen in the first place is totally inexcusable (imho).

I don't blame him for starting this thread at all. Just another Klipsch junkie looking out for his brothers and sisters, and telling it like it is. If you don't like it, why don't you find another site to hang out at?

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems

Mike

I have no problem with BigBusa or anyone else being PO'd with Klipsch. What I do object to is the guy's incessant ranting about an issue that does not really apply to him. He does not even own a set of 5.1's and has made it clear that he has no intention of obtaining them.

It is not unreasonable for a non-user to comment on equipment. It is unreasonable,however to rant and rave endlessly.

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca. 1304 BCE)

quote:

Originally posted by thejson:

This is a bit OT, but

Justin_tx_16, do you go to the Bryan/ College Station area much? Just wondering because I go to school there and it's nice to hear from local Klipsch fans.

actually, about ever weekend! my brother is in teh corp of cadets there.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

my bro is trying to get me to go there... my mom did.

i just don't know... harvard (not real likely, but has been my dream since 1st grade), pepperdine, SMU, harding, Baylor, ATM, UT, Rice, MIT, Colombia, etc... my list goes on and on... LoL! i don't know where i want to go or what i wnat to do, juornalism, tech support, take over my mom's company, public relations, photography, audio/video, job at klipsch... Smile.gif etc.

i am just a clueless high school junior.

------------------

-justin

This message has been edited by justin_tx_16 on 12-06-2001 at 11:38 PM

Klipsch is designing products that consumers want. If they were just selling Khorns and the rest of the Heritage line they would be out of business. Don't forget that Khorns go for nearly $6000 a pair and may go up in price. They are the most costly speakers in the Klipsch line. You get what you pay for but I think most of the Klipsch line gives very good value to the consumers.

------------------

Soundog's HT Systems

This message has been edited by soundog on 12-06-2001 at 11:53 PM

Mike lindsey thanks for trying to put lynnm in his or her place. From reading his or her posts I've come to one conclusion ...He or she is way more sarcastic and troll-ish on this board that I will ever be. He or she siezes the first opportunity to pounce on any member here and subject them to personal verbal abuse.

I try not to do that. Sure, I put down the promedia line of Klipsch but I didn't slam anyone personally like lynnm constantly does.

I am in the hunt for a 5.1 system. That's why I originally went over to the promedia forums. I own a ton of Klipsch speakers. They make up my entire home theater. I have always been extremely proud to own Klipsch. One of the best compliments I can get about my system from a friend is "Ohhhh, you have Klipsch speakers! NICE!" Anyone who has even a small amount of knowledge about high quality speakers and happens to come into my home instantly knows I'm serious about my music, HT and I care about intensely about quality just by looking at my speakers.

When I see Klipsch with this whole promedia fiasco I feel the wind being let out of my sails. My Klipsch enthusiasm and beaming pride goes right out the window. Owning Klipsch is a little less "special" all of a sudden.

I believe they are handling it pretty well but I also believe a recall should have been done as soon as they realized the enormity of the situation. That would have put out the messasge that Klipsch really cared about the customer. Klipsch knew they bought some defective merchandise from China, put their name on it and then sold it. Yet, as soon as they figured out the unacceptable failure rate they instantly recalled the entire line. How awesome would that have been!?

Sometimes companies make mistakes. I believe they then have to do whatever is best to recoup. It might even be smarter to lose a small amount of money now and make that up in future sales from satisfied customers and word of mouth advertising.

------------------

My system thus far:

1980 Cornwalls (mains)

1990 Heresy II's (rears)

2001 KLF-C7 (center)

2001 KSW15 (Subwoofer)

SONY STD-D611 (reciever)

Kenwood DV402 (DVD)

Eyes.gif

This message has been edited by BigBusa on 12-07-2001 at 08:09 AM

Well said, Busa! I feel the same way as you about my Klipsch speakers and will never be without them...

The one thing I noticed about the Pro-Media section is the language and the attitude. It's like a whole different world over there. I think I'll stick to Home Audio, thank you. Smile.gif

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems

I think they're a younger crowd.

------------------

My system thus far:

1980 Cornwalls (mains)

1990 Heresy II's (rears)

2001 KLF-C7 (center)

2001 KSW15 (Subwoofer)

NOTHING-Thanks for NOTHING UBid!(No reciever)

Kenwood DV402 (DVD)

:eyes