I GOT....................

arfz28

Just remember, now that your on the high speed lane of the information highway, viruses and other intrusionary processes can get into your system faster.  

Make sure you have current virus scanning software and your PC has the current updates offered for free by microsoft.

Or you can just surf if you have a mac and not worry about viri spyware and software installed without your permission [8-|]

Thats right.

I had a house full of P4's with XP, and got tired of all the issues and replaced them all with Mac mini's and Mac laptops.

Or you can just surf if you have a mac and not worry about viri spyware and software installed without your permission [8-|]

Thats right.

I had a house full of P4's with XP, and got tired of all the issues and replaced them all with Mac mini's and Mac laptops.

I need to get a machine up with unreal tournament loaded. I hope you kept at least 1 or 2 : )

Been on a Mac forever. First one I bought was a IIci. $2400 less monitor. Big bucks back then:)

Yup OS X was such a relief. I have been using it since it was beta code named Rhapsody and didn't have a GUI and back then they had an X86 port. mmm fun sure is good now.

Just remember, now that your on the high speed lane of the information highway, viruses and other intrusionary processes can get into your system faster.

Make sure you have current virus scanning software and your PC has the current updates offered for free by microsoft.

Or you can get a Mac and be done with all the bullsh*t. :)

Or you can get a Mac and be done with all the bullsh*t.  :) 

I think he is using Macs?

I dont have a Mac, I didnt know a Mac couldnt get a virus, I thought all computers could get one. I have an HP, and I do run virus protection and keep it updated, so Ill keep my fingers crossed. I just did a live update on my vius protection and what would have took a good half and hour took less than 5 minutes, WOW unbealivable. Im one happy surfer.

Thats right.

99% of the problems with windows PC's can be directly traced back the users installing sh!t software especially when multiple users are messing with the same PC. The PC I'm typing on started life as a Intel 1 Ghz Win 98 PC and has went through every MS upgraded along the way, also various hardware upgrades to the now 2.4 Ghz P4. I have never installed a fresh load of windows and it works perfectly. The key is I am the only user of this PC. Most of the problems are the nut behind the Keyboard and that fact that 10000 software companies of varying skills write programs to go with the Windows operating system so it forces the users to know who makes sh!t software and who doesn't.

Craig - IDK about that. I was the only user on my pc and was very anal about preventing issues. I cleaned the cache, etc. each day, ran diagnostics each week, and had 2-3 types of antivirus software running 24-7. My last issue was a bho/trojan that took 3 days to fully remove. 3 days! How did I get it? I had an issue with a koi in my little pond and googled the ailment - clicked on a picture - boom - all hell broke loose. I was incredibly careful. My husband used to insist all one had to do is avoid opening email attachments, etc. till I showed him otherwise in front of his own eyes. This is just my experience. Switching to Mac 2 months ago has really been an eye-opener for me cuz the thing just works. There's something very "clean" about how it functions internally. Plus, they are just plain fun to work with.