New Pair Heresys

jocko_nc

The left Heresy in the picture has the serial number stamped into the back edge of the top board in the same location as my decorators.

It looks like the speaker cut-outs are dusty, not nekkid. There's paint on the inside and outside of the motorboard.

ahhhh, I saw that overspray and wondered how the openings could be unpainted- thanks BH

Yea. This gets even more complicated....

Here is a thought: The pair I am using upstairs as my primary system are Heresy I's, newer than these by about 6 years. They are "standards", with the tweed grille inset. Finish is walnut. They look good, retro and all. As far as sound, I need to replace the caps. One tweeter may be a bit lazy as compared to the one with a new diaphragm. Not sure, the caps are bound to be a problem by themselves. Problem is, I cleaned them up, but they are not in great condition. Some prior owner had them modified them for a pole mount with a Peavey bolster in the bottom. That is something I could not fix. I wire brushed it and painted it, it looks o.k.

Now, enter these. After a new paint job, they could be much prettier. The whole look is different. That may be the way to go. ???. I had been kicking around a getting a pair of those Bob Crites improved tweeters for the mains, music being paramount. Those tweets could go in these cabinets. I would have extra parts for a center either way.

My subs are less-than-acceptable cosmetically. I will be rebuilding the cabinets for these for sure. I had planned to match the walnut heresys. The inset tweed grill look is a easy job. If I went with the designers, I could go black paint and no grill. Again, a different look. But it would work.

I'll have to think on it. Regardless, these cabinets will be rebuilt and will come back to life someday. I may look for loose components to pull it off. If patient, I'm sure I can find them cheap. Cheap is important, this is only a hobby, lol.

Thanks for the info and advice.

jocko

These are the finished ones that BSbuttons did the veneer work on. btw these started life as Heresy Decorators Birch Raw, but the veneer job makes them much more handsome by eliminating any of the plywood edges. I finished off by carefully masking and spraying all the edges of the openings. By doing this after veneering and finishing, I was able to paint the edge of the veneer also, giving the very striking appearance.

post-10755-13819321515454_thumb.jpg

These are the finished ones that BSbuttons did the veneer work on. btw these started life as Heresy Decorators Birch Raw, but the veneer job makes them much more handsome by eliminating any of the plywood edges. I finished off by carefully masking and spraying all the edges of the openings. By doing this after veneering and finishing, I was able to paint the edge of the veneer also, giving the very striking appearance.

Colter,

Didn't you dress up the woofers somehow with a very specialized vinyl paint or something? Dag, those look good. I'm going to do something special with those Cornwall cabs, next.

BS Button....still no free button offered by anyone, to include new Klipsch employee's.

BS

Those indeed are original decorators. The cutouts are painted just dusty. These in my humble opinion are the best looking of the heresy line and seem to be fetching a nice price these days. I'd refinish these and replace the drivers and upgrade the crossovers. Parting them out would be a shame. If you don't want them I'll take em off your hands. A little elbow grease will turn them into something like this

They are beautiful!!!!! ............. "A little elbow grease" ????......... I think a lot more than that. Just lovely.

tc