Which Rotel ??

aussiemark

I have a pair of RF 7'S , an RC 7 and a pair of RF 35's I am running them with a Denon AVC A11 sr. I would like to know which would be the better way to go.To get the Rotel RB 1092 ( I still play a lot of 2 channel ) and run the centre and rears with the Denon when running multi channel or to purchase a RMB 1095 ?? Are either of the Rotels a good match for my beloved Klipsch as I feel the the Denon A11, 5 x 125 or 2 x 160 is not getting all the juice from my Klipsch oranges.Thanks

/

I've found the Rotels to be a very good match w/the 7's.The 1095 is an oustanding amp at something less than the retail price.I can't imagine needing more power,at least in my 500 sqft room it was more than enough.If you buy new you can take it for a test drive,if you aren't happy take it back,good luck.

For the RF-7's i would at least have gone for 1090 or 1092. They dip down to 2,7ohms and loves a lot of current. I myself run 1090 on rf7, and 1095 on rc-7 and rf-5, it works very well! With that said, i clearly hear sonic differences between the 1090 and 1095 - the 1090 has far better control on the rf-7's, which again lead to far lesser distortion and far better dynamics! You will not believe the grip the 1090 has on the woofers and horn of the rf7's :-D

The 1092 has a more laid back sonic signature to it, so if you are sensitive to "sss" and sharp sounds, maybe you would be more satisfied with the 1092. It is also a lot smaller, ligheter and maybe it dissipates less heat than the 1090 (personally my 1090 has never even gotten near any temp that could be describes as warm or less than that :o) ). The 1095 runs hot pretty fast, but it is designed to work under hot conditions too, though if is placed a well ventilated area ;)

Why play around with toys from Rotel or Denon?? Check out the Earthquake amps recently rated as the one of the best amps for home theater in HT mag last Sept. I currently use the Earthquake Cinenova Grande 7 with my RF-7's coupled with a JL Audio Fathom subwoofer. There is nothing and I mean nothing like the experience of this combination. I have already lost a mounted cabinet in my listening room. Wife is ready to move and neighbors hate me. This is good stuff! Check it out!!

Bill,

Expensive, not so much....if you are interested in either the Earthquake or the new JL Audio Fathom subs', private message me and I will get you some prices that would surprise you.

I have never heard let alone felt a more powerful sub than the JL Audio Fathoms! As my daughter would say, awesome!!!!!!!