Your Top Five

Tarheel

Colterphoto and Klipsched with Yamahas....you guys trying to bump Oldbuckster from the final three at the last moment? Your list made me think....I was in the 7th grade when "Meet The Beatles" album came out...and I got out of College when Chicago was at Carnegie Hall. Man..time marches on.

Keep those list coming.....c'mon newbies don't be shy.

BTW....Where is Duke Spinner?

Chuck

• Moderators

Travis..Don and I finished the back side of a reel we had started earlier...ended up recording Miles Davis and the Modern Jazz Giants, Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers, and Miles Davis at the Plugged Nickle. All on LP. Denon DP-1250 with Clearaudio Virtuoso Wood Cartridge.

Keep the ideas coming...the more list the better.

Chuck

Chuck,

Send that tape out, I want to listen to it!!!! I will send you guys something great to listen to. I just got the mis-pressed version of Hot Rocks, super rare, I got some new blues and jazz in as well.

Travis

Monterey Pop w/Jimi I cut my teeth on this as a child,"Like a Rolling Stone".

Woodstock,the first one.

Rory Gallagher during the Irish tour era.

Zeppelin at Madison Square,back stage passes of course.

The Rolling Stones from the "Love ya Live" era.

I'd could have dug the Johhny/Edgar and Rick D show during "Roadwork" era too,and so many more........

1. Chicago, 1923. King Oliver Jazz band with the new kid, Louis Armstrong.

2. Savoy Ballroom, New York City, Jan 16, 1938. Hot new band from Kansas City led by Count Basie in a battle of the bands with Chick Webb's Savoy Ballroom Orchestra. Basie blows them away and Lester Young blows EVERYONE'S mind.

3. New York City, 52nd Street, 1945. Hot new quintet led by Charlie Parker and DIzzy Gillespie starts to play some gigs.

4. The Five Spot, New York 1957. Thelonious Monk quintet with John Coltrane. "Nuff said.

5. The Half Note, New York City circa 1963, the classic John Coltrane quartet.

Fish....great list..I had forgotten that there was another Woodstock!

How about any of the relief concerts....any good music there?

Travis...I want to do something special for the next round....maybe four different types of music...two per side with really good sound. One of my decks is in rehab in Florida with Kevin Kaas...my tech of choice . When it gets back and my work schedule gets back to normal I will send one on. I see Luther is a Teac man...what decks does he have? Who could you recommend that sells refurbished RTRs?

Bluesboy...wheres your list?

Chuck

Allan...that is a very special list and I could certainly go there with you. I wondered if you might respond with your passion for jazz. I have only been listening to jazz for a couple of years but I am starting to build a collection of Miles Davis, Sonny Rollins, John Coltrane, Art Pepper, and Art Blakey. Davis must have put out a ton of albums...many that you can still find even in my neck of the woods.

Thanks for responding.

Chuck