1972 Klipsch Model H700 ~ Several Photo's

Basicblues

Just purchased these Klipsch model H700's for $465 plus shipping a couple of days ago. I already have '79 WO & '84 HBR Heresies so not exactly sure what appealed to me about these H700's other than their vintage (these photo's were taken by the seller). They look pretty straight to me and should look better after I get them and tune up the finish. The only real question I had about these was the grill cloth material as I've not seen enough examples to spot originality. An obvious re-capping looks to be forthcoming. I've read all the previous post I could find about this particular model without gaining much additional knowledge other than some intended applications and history. If someone can identify the type of drivers or would care to comment on these as to things I might check or upgrading info I'd be appreciative. These are fair game good or bad, you won't hurt my feelings. I'll re-sell them anyway if they don't match up with any of my systems, I am already considering selling the HBR's. I have a nice set of '65 Cornwalls so I am somewhat anxious to try these H700's in the mix.

KlipschH700.jpg

KlipschH700e.jpg

KlipschH700g.jpg

KlipschH700f.jpg

KlipschH700h.jpg

KlipschH700a.jpg

KlipschH700b.jpg

KlipschH700c.jpg

KlipschH700d.jpg

Incredibly beautiful!!! What I want to know is how did you get multiple photos up within a single post? I aways seem to have to post one photo per post.

Travis

Travis, note that those pictures are not loaded up to the Klipsch server. If you have photos somewhere else on the InterWeb [H] you just use the "Insert/Edit Image" (looks like a tree on the toolbar) to add the url of the picture to you post. The good thing about doing it this way is it does not overload the Klipsch servers...and you can put more then one in a post. Hope this helps.

Rich

these do not have removable grills. the grill cloth is stapled around the motor board with at least 500 staples. the pie slice logos are nailed on also. to remove the cloth and replace with new you have 2 options. 1st. option. remove all inside componets and remove the screws that hold in the motor board. remove motor board and pull out all staples with needle nose pliers. strech new cloth and restaple. 2nd option and the best option. make grill boards out of 1/8 inch masonite from home depot. you now have removable grills if the cloth gets stained again.

Incredibly beautiful!!! What I want to know is how did you get multiple photos up within a single post? I aways seem to have to post one photo per post.

Travis

Travis,

Rich is right on the money with his how-to post and I agree not overloading the already fragile Klipsch servers is definately big plus...

Specifically, I just use photobucket to host photo's. If you click the "insert/edit image" link above you'll see "Image URL". Just copy and paste the link from photobucket or any other image hosting service into that box then click "insert". To add multiple photo's you'll have to pay attention to where your cursor is otherwise you may be inserting images where you don't want them. Probably the best time saving trick is to look closely at your URL link that your posting, most of the time you can keep using the same link instead of bouncing back and forth between sites, then just edit the last digit or two to select the correct photo as it was saved on the image site.

these do not have removable grills. the grill cloth is stapled around the motor board with at least 500 staples. the pie slice logos are nailed on also. to remove the cloth and replace with new you have 2 options. 1st. option. remove all inside componets and remove the screws that hold in the motor board. remove motor board and pull out all staples with needle nose pliers. strech new cloth and restaple. 2nd option and the best option. make grill boards out of 1/8 inch masonite from home depot. you now have removable grills if the cloth gets stained again.

I knew these H700 grills were the non-removeable like my 65 Cornwall's. I mainly was just seeing if anyone was familiar with this style of grill cloth from '72 which after viewing the photo's again (and thinking 500 staples) it doesn't appear that this cloth was removed and/or changed. I wouldn't consider changing the grill unless I discover these are not original. Of course, if I could find some matching grill type like shown below as found on my cornwalls it would certainly be tempting.

Who has an extra logo?

KlipschH700h.jpg

If the badges aren't available from Klipsch I saw a pair on ebay tonight. Link was Klipsch - other.

I looked pretty good last night on the bay and never found pie-wedge style badges, I did find the later copper styled. So I still need (1) pre-mid 70's badge. Wasn't there someone here that had them repopped?

I knew these H700 grills were the non-removeable like my 65 Cornwall's. I mainly was just seeing if anyone was familiar with this style of grill cloth from '72 which after viewing the photo's again (and thinking 500 staples) it doesn't appear that this cloth was removed and/or changed. I wouldn't consider changing the grill unless I discover these are not original. Of course, if I could find some matching grill type like shown below as found on my cornwalls it would certainly be tempting.

Who has an extra logo?

I've seen grill cloth like that. I think I even have some in the basement. If you're looking for some, it I can see if I can remember where it came from. It's not the normal Klipsch cane stuff that most people are usually looking for.

If the badges aren't available from Klipsch I saw a pair on ebay tonight. Link was Klipsch - other.

I looked pretty good last night on the bay and never found pie-wedge style badges, I did find the later copper styled. So I still need (1) pre-mid 70's badge. Wasn't there someone here that had them repopped?

This was what I saw.

http://cgi.ebay.com/KLIPSCH-PWK-Speaker-Logos-30-Years-Old-New_W0QQitemZ230089936746QQihZ013QQcategoryZ61378QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I was about 1 hour late by the time I got your message, they had already ended before I searched for the badges. Thanks for your effort and let me know if you see any others.

This was what I saw.

http://cgi.ebay.com/KLIPSCH-PWK-Speaker-Logos-30-Years-Old-New_W0QQitemZ230089936746QQihZ013QQcategoryZ61378QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem