A JBL auction to watch...Summit L300s

sheltie dave

Well, the 300s went for $2100, $200 above my snipe bid. When I told Colleen I had a bid on these, she counted the number of rooms in the house, and then the sets of speakers I have over one hundred pounds, AND then said I had to maintain a 1:1 ratio if I wanted to buy new speakers.

I presented a Clinton defense, and asked if that meant per speaker, or cumulative[:P]

Maron, she knows about the Fortes, and she sees me in operation when I'm home. All our friends laugh when I tell them "sleeping in" on a Saturday is 5:30 am. Once in a while my fingers start tingling when I pick up the unread newspaper, and I get the feeling there is a good deal waiting.

My fingers were acting up the last Friday I made it home - opened the bargain box and there was a 350 piece collection of Fiestaware for $200! The old lady said she got over 400 calls before she unplugged the phone for a few hours. Haven't seen any Brother Mel stuff recently, and no one knows of him(yet) near Chicago. I guess I'll wander over to Oak Park and see the Frank Llyod Wright house/museum later in the week. I'm sure they will want three arms and a toe for a rug there, but we'll see.

If I do find any more big speakers up here, they'll probably end up next to your artworks for a while. Might be a C34.[;)]

Ummmmmmm............I'm in enough trouble as it is lately with the wife re: audio so that would be a "qualified" no (for the moment). [:D]

I don't think my wife has fully recovered yet from the Fortes becoming part of a (7.1) system downstairs. Any more gear that I end up "babysitting" means that I'll have to stash some of mine somewhere. At present there is a half of a shelf open while the Marantz is on its journey - so that is a "qualified" no. And the jazz albums haven't even arrived yet on the porch. She's liable to have a stroke when those arrive ...........................................................................................

I NEED A BIGGER HOUSE.......................(for more gear and speakers of course).

Carl.

P.S. BTW, Bob - you ought to hear the system now with modded Khorns up front and modded Belles in back................you have an open invite.

Too funny Carl!

Proud past owner my self on the graduated plan although some may think my last two are reversed[:^)] L-36's, L-100's, L-65 Jubals and 4311B's[;)] JBL's are just like Ali, the harder their hit the more they put out[:P]

Cabinets alone looked worth the price Dave and maybe all they needed was re-surrounding on the woofs[:D]

Carl; Foregiveness is easier to get than permission.

Don't I know it - I've used a lot of forgiveness - as opposed to permission. Sheltie Dave can vouch for me:

hmmmm........Reference three series then Reference Seven series then a variety of gear (and rotating amps) to get where I'm at now (with 11 shelves of stuff), then some Heritage and Altec stuff, and then modded Klipschorns - and now where I'm at in 7.1 Heritage heaven (see signature below). So, I've consider myself very fortunate to be where I am - gear-wise, having relied much more on forgiveness (as opposed to permission). [:D] And yes, I have a very loving and forgiving wife (to a point).

As a further example, the Jazz albums made it in last night - under stealth..... I know nothing................

Carl.