Meagain's at it again

Parrot

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you didn't address the performance issue, I'm going to take that as you admitting that you are not a careful reader and were just blowing smoke.

You said it was "bastardized", which to me suggested inferior performance compared to the original configuration. For something like the 100th time, a person doesn't have to use the K-402 horn, they can use the much smaller K-510 -- which is what I'm going to use.

Since you didn't address the performance issue, I'm going to take that as you admitting that you are not a careful reader and were just blowing smoke.

You said it was "bastardized", which to me suggested inferior performance compared to the original configuration. For something like the 100th time, a person doesn't have to use the K-402 horn, they can use the much smaller K-510 -- which is what I'm going to use.

Oh, I see. I've hardly addressed the sonics of the Jubilee. I mean I could do a pretty fair job, but since I haven't actually heard one . . . I guess I could read the spec sheet like Dr. Who and the Bad Cowboy.

Most of what I have been discussing re the Jubilee is the aesthetics of the "bastardized" version. While we're at it, the K-510 looks bad too, unless you plan to cover it.

Paul,

To be fair, prototypes undergo a great many changes before their final release to the public. Frankly, the 402 implementation looks far better to me than the funky horn Paul posed with. Neither are what I would consider pretty but I would take 402 if those were my only choices. It would have been nice if they built the one Valerie posed with. Rather simple solution I think is to buy the plain bass bin and build your own upper but then apparently - it wouldn't be a Klipsch and would be an invalid comparison.

Edit: Let me be clear in case someone misunderstands. I am in complete agreement with Paul that the 402 is not a "home" item. I don't think PWK would have sold that version nor do I think he would have bundled the 402 horn with the LF bin either. I think he would have produced the "Valerie" version. I would have to take it (the 402) over that other ugly thing anyway if I had to have me a pair.

Is it better to sell a "bastardized" version or no version? That is the question and those stepping forward with their wallets are answering it. Is it a prudent decision? I will offer my opinion when I have heard them. For now and I suspect in the future, my 78's bring me joy while listening and I enjoy their beauty.

"Frankly, the 402 implementation looks far better to me than the funky horn Paul posed with. "

Didn't somebody (Trey maybe??) a few years ago say that was just a pretty show horn that wasn't functional?

I recall that post as well. I don't see what all of the horn hoopla is about. It's not impossible to make a good looking horn.

post-8562-1381932530857_thumb.jpg

"Frankly, the 402 implementation looks far better to me than the funky horn Paul posed with. "

Didn't somebody (Trey maybe??) a few years ago say that was just a pretty show horn that wasn't functional?

I asked Jim Dickinson about that and he acted like where did I get that idea from? Jim said PWK had three Jubilees like that that were fully functional and he used them in a presentation, but I don't remember where he said the presentation was.

Well lets see what have we learned from this thread so far!

Parrot doesn't like the looks of the Jubilee we are choosing to use in our homes!

SO may I suggest you don't buy them Parrot!

And If anyone's reasons for buying a speaker is because of what someone else might think then be carefull of anything you buy! Heaven forbid someone makes up their own mind!

The K402 Horn Works Extremely Well in the Home!

Doesn't matter why it was designed it is an exceptional design and I say this because I have heard it in Klipsch's room and My Home and the Data Will Support This Also!

If you can't live with the High Performance of this Horn because of it's Looks (Which Again I Like In My Room) then there is nothing wrong with going with the K510 or for another option if your willing to experiment since the KHJ is a wonderfull platform to build on!

Some Of The Most Imprortant Facts That Have Come Out Of This Thread(This Actually Was Stated In Past Threads) Is If You Are Willing To Pay There Are Many Cosmetic Options Available And As In Deans Case You Can Get A Smaller Horn Which After Roy Test And Optimizes It Through The Lab And Listens To It (Yes Roy Optimizes The Design And Also Does Listening Test) Dean Will Have A Complete And Extremely Well Engineered Design !!!!!!

Facts!!!!!!!! Who Wants Some?

mike tn[:)]

Some Of The Most Imprortant Facts That Have Come Out Of This Thread(This Actually Was Stated In Past Threads) Is If You Are Willing To Pay There Are Many Cosmetic Options Available And As In Deans Case You Can Get A Smaller Horn Which After Roy Test And Optimizes It Through The Lab And Listens To It (Yes Roy Optimizes The Design And Also Does Listening Test) Dean Will Have A Complete And Extremely Well Engineered Design !!!!!!

I do.

Is it a fact one doesn't capitalize the first letter of every word in a sentence?

Is it a fact one should not have a paragraph consisting of one long run-on sentence?

Anarchist [:o]

I do.

Is it a fact one doesn't capitalize the first letter of every word in a sentence?

Is it a fact one should not have a paragraph consisting of one long run-on sentence?

Anarchist [:o]

Well This Thread Just Gets Better And Better!!!!!

The Tone of this whole thread has been NEGATIVE!!!!!! and is what several have intended from the begining and is Spreading Like A Disease!

I believe Mark has the right idea!

This seems to have been a waste of time unfortunatly and I'll give it no more of mine.

mike tn

I think maybe the "truthsayers" need to review the "facts" they purport to reference.

Lemme see. I say the Jubilee wasn't meant to replace the Khorn. I am told this is wrong because Paul "wanted to build a Klipschorn II." Hmm, a Klipschorn II is what... a Klipschorn. It was "such an upgrade" it became the Khorn Jubilee. I don't see how it was a replacement Klipschorn. If it were such an incredible upgrade and was given a new name, it was supplanting the Khorn not replacing it - and not in agreement with the "original intention". The facts here are not in question - the extrapolation of intent and what would have happened, of course, are.

Secondly, lets review a fact from this white paper or whatever. It states - based on the performance graphs - the new bass bin is at least as good as the original. How does it go from at least as good to far surpasses, huge upgrade, on another level, and every other euphanism and exclamation which has been bandied about? Since we are sticking to facts...

I don't have a dog in this race. I think the Jubilee was an exciting development and if Klipsch (the corporation) wanted to honor Paul they would have made it even if it were a loss leader just to promote his legacy. There is nothing wrong with offering the Jub in its current form and Kudo's to Roy for making or helping to make it happen. I don't know if it bests the Khorn or not but I am eager to take up someone (thanks) on their offer to let me listen to theirs.

But lets be consistent when wanting to refer back to facts and particularly careful when trying to use PWK's name and declaring what was in his mind or his intent or what the future would have been if his intent had actually been brought to fruition.

i guess what he told me doesn't count......or what we worked on together and THE goal on what he wanted....or that it has been his life'S ambition to take the khorn back to 2 way......i don't have a dog in this race.....and quite frankly don't care what you or others think......but as you so assuredly want to place words in pwk as much as keep me from quoting.....get a grip.......it is what is......facts are fact....accept IT or go oN deceiving yourselves........klipsch didn't make the jub......lots of people whined about it......the paper was on the lf......paul thought that THAT was the significant part of the development of the jub........3 months to do the hf horn.......18 to do the lf.............after reading about the bellying aching.......i said the jub (the significant part of the jub) was in existence......put up whatever FREAKING horn you want on top........and live happily ever after.....but some people just can't stand to see people happy or even content.....get over it....

dang!!!! i got serious there for a minute....enough of that!!

have a blessed day,

roy delgado or as anarchrist has called me

BOY!

Hee hee, yeah, what's up with that Mike.

I think I am about ready to cancel my order though, I can't handle the thought on missing out on the Jubilee III's. I was just told those are coming in a camo finish.

I did just realize I meet a parameter that's critical to their performance -- my television will be out in front of them, and that means they'll be behind the screen.