Forte II for sale in Houston, TX

Aufwuchs

I am selling my Forte II's to free up some money to buy midranges for my new Aristocrats (and space). These speakers have all stock components and all drivers are in good condition. They have the oiled oak finish and were manufactured in 1994 (consecutive serial numbers). I will consider partial trade for EV T25A drivers (or other quality 16 ohm mid for use with X8/x36 crossover) and 8HD horns. Asking 500 dollars obo...local pickup.

P1010017.jpg

P1010018.jpg

P1010019.jpg

Exquisite. I'm the one who drove 820 miles one way (the trip out and back straight through 29 hours) a month ago to get cornwalls from new york. Google says 1100 miles between these Forte II's and my living room.

I've been wanting to check out the midrange on Forte II's and Chorus II's, with that larger tractrix midrange.

These look to be in perfect condition. Too tempting. Someone buy these before I have a weak moment... You have the original boxes?

Some sort of a shorthorn back there?

(Calculating if they'll fit in the hatchback of my Insight hybrid...

I do not have the original boxes, sadly. I am the third owner. First owner was a doctor in Michigan. Second owner bought them in Michigan and moved to Nashville. I drove to Tennessee tp get them when I was living in Alabama and brought them to Texas when I moved. They are in very good condition. There are a couple of small vacuum cleaner dings on the risers, which are hard to see and one spot of missing veneer on the back side of the riser on one speaker, so this is invisible unless you like to run your speakers facing the wall. If you are interested in a long distance trip, I will take more detailed pictures and send them to you. I would also be willing to entertain the idea of shipping if someone was willing to make arrangements for freight and pallet packaging. I know I am a limited poster here, but I am a more frequent contributer at AK (jbpollock). If you have a friend from here that you would like to check them out for you, please be my guest.

The speaker in the pictures is the Electro Voice Aristocrat that I mentioned I needed a midrange driver and horns for. It currently has a full range SP12 and a T25 tweeter. I was able to fit both spekers in the trunk of my small car (Ford Contour), so a hatchback should be perfect. These are quite a bit narrower than Cornwalls.

Anyone who travels more than 500 miles gets the sneakers thrown in for free. Size 14. I find that when they are in the room, the soundstage becomes more defined and the bass response is improved by at leat an octave.

I knew they did more than just look good...................maybe I could squeeze a 14 on...................EH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know nothing about these so I checked the specs on the Klipsch site, Looks like they are 99dB efficient and may go down to 32Hz. Considering my present setup, (2A3s driving Heresys with a small sub barely dialed in, and a very small listening room), what would a change do for me? What is the sonic signature of the Forte II compared to Heresy? I am very pleased with the sonics of the Heresys and the way they fill the room with sound. They are infamously light in the bass, but the bass they do sounds very good to me. Is that because they are sealed? What does bass with a passive radiator sound like?

Rick

The records in the pictures are the rock/pop, jazz, and soundtrack recordings. Probably about 400-500 or so, but I am not sure. 60's to current. There is another bookshelf in my office that is a bit wider and has my larger classical collection. I would give up all my gear ten times before I would give up my records [:)]

Well I'm not quite as attached to my records although I always thought I would be.

Would you like to buy about 1000 of them? 60's, 70's & 80's. All of these records are in mint condition. No one but myself has even touched them. No scratches or fingerprints.

Some very rare albums like

1. Stones "Sticky Fingers" with a real working zipper

2. Stones "Some Girls" with a real picture of Lucy

3. Beatles original "Sgt. Peppers"

4. Kiss "Love Gun" with a working paper love gun

5. Stones "Their Satanic Majesties Request" with a 3-D trick cover

6. Many British and European releases

7. Many obscure bands from the 60s

8. Many albums by the Doors, Stones, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Animals, Kinks, etc.

..........................and they're all for sale at really fair prices.