Question about Tangent series speakers

TripMn

I have a pair of Tangent T50 series speakers. They are in excellent condition. I have a friend that want's to buy them from me. Can someone give me an idea of what they might be going for today? Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Found some info here at the Klipsch website. The T50's are a 2-way speaker that was produced from 1989 - 1991 with a list price of $996.

I heard that Tangents were sold to the Armed Forces personnel at military bases and weren't available at

the regular sales outlets.

I've never seen a Tangent in person, nor in advertisments, but they show up on auction occasionally. Good luck with the sale!

Thanks for the update, Doug. I started thinking about those Tangents again and just wondered what sort of niche they were expected to fill.

I saw a Tangent 20 on ebay and the first thing it reminded me of was a large Bose 301 - wood end panels stuck to a black box - yuck! Don't see many of these around and I can see why - black sheep of the family?

.......gotta go read about more Klipsch stuff!

Correct to DB and Doug, as a Canadian Serviceman at the time in Germany(Lahr Schwartzwald, Black Forest), we had access to Klipsch Tangent and Heritage,(89-94)in "full" public viewing\listening in the audio Department of our EX(Canadian Forces Exchange). We got our American audio\video equipment through the PX in Frankfurt, and other Countries equipment accordingly. I wanted to get the Tangent series, but a pair of Khorns fell into my lap Smile.gif

Klipsch is not near Boser.....

Forgot to add, unsure of value, but a nice speaker.

This message has been edited by boomer9911 on 12-15-2001 at 12:44 AM

• 9 years later...

Found some info here at the Klipsch website. The T50's are a 2-way speaker that was produced from 1989 - 1991 with a list price of $996. I heard that Tangents were sold to the Armed Forces personnel at military bases and weren't available at the regular sales outlets....

boy...im an AIRFORCE baby . just not USAF [;)]

• 3 months later...