a gift from heaven

clarence1948

working at this mansion as gardener-new wife decided everything must go thatold wife bought.in the attic was a pair of khorns,painted this ugly industrial white.asked me did i want them?i said how much?she didnt think they were worth much.said i could have them....i couldnt get my pickup there fast enough.....stripped that paint and what beautiful raw birch.....bought some veneer,trimed the edges and kickplate,iron on type.could anyone tell me s/n for my xovers and drivers?original 1981.

working at this mansion as gardener-new wife decided everything must go thatold wife bought.in the attic was a pair of khorns,painted this ugly industrial white.asked me did i want them?i said how much?she didnt think they were worth much.said i could have them....i couldnt get my pickup there fast enough.....stripped that paint and what beautiful raw birch.....bought some veneer,trimed the edges and kickplate,iron on type.could anyone tell me s/n for my xovers and drivers?original 1981.

Great score!!!! Check the back for the serial numbers. If the tag is no longer to be found look at the top of the bass bin and the serial number should be stamped in the plywood. Let us know what it is and we can tell you when they were built. Also post some photos of the fronts, the Xovers and the drivers and youll learn more about what you have than you could have imagined !!!

Josh

Those are from 1981

I am a fan of the AA if you read some other recent posts here you may get another POV! but that's what makes the world go round and keeps people here occupied and interested! I would recommend that you listen to and enjoy your new find. After some time I would think about rebuilt networks.They represent a huge improvement - from my perspective perhaps the best money spent on upgrades. But as I said you dont need to do anything. You now are an owner of one of the finest loudspeakers ever made! In the future check out DeanG or Bob Crites (BEC) both are frequent posters here and are the Xover gurus.

Josh

for reference go here

http://home.earthlink.net/~ivol/klipsch_cornwall/klipsch_date_codes.htm

josh

• 9 months later...

working at this mansion as gardener-new wife decided everything must go thatold wife bought.in the attic was a pair of khorns,painted this ugly industrial white.asked me did i want them?i.

Congratulations. But I am REALLY interested in hearing about how you got a pair of Khorns out of the attic? Or how they got into the attic to begin with?! Khorn moving stories are the best.

Poor GaryMd's got to be sulking. He's been dethroned as the sole owner of free Khorns on the Forum.

He's probably muttering to himself "cheez the schlub didn't even have to drive four hours to get them. Took them home from work, mutter, mutter..."

Super score. Congrats.