center speaker ,heritage

tjnif

Ok,heres the dillema. I'm using Khorns for the mains, Belles' or Khorns for the rear. Now, I wanted to use another Belle for the center speaker and Put a plasma on top of it. My wife doesn't think it will look good and frankly I think shes right. What are your suggestions? I'm using Mac 2102 tube amps ,but I might use their 5 channel amp for HT use. 'm sticking to 5.1 quite simply cause thats all the room I have, and I don't here much of a difference anyway....

With all due respect, you have pretty much eliminated any options regarding speakers that sound similar. What do you want us to tell you? That your opinion and taste are wrong? That seems like you are asking us to tell you that you are not entitled to your opinion.

OK, I'll bite. I would disagree, quite frankly, but my opinion really doesn't matter a bit if both you and your wife don't like them!

Perhaps this is meant to be a 'female moment' as described in Men are from Mars where the role of the man is to simply listen and nod and grunt in acknowledgment, but he should NOT problem solve nor do anything except act like he hears...

I'm afraid that you are in this one on your own! Far be it from me to get between a husband and wife on a question of aesthetics! I need new superduper tennis shoes for that!

Good Luck!!!!! [:P][;)]

I guess I work backwards relative to most.

Seems to me if you have a room and you want asthetics to be the foremost concern, you will usually never end up with something like Heritage (Khorns possibly excepted because they can hide in a corner and are nicer looking)

If on the other hand, you start from the other direction and say "I want a 5.1 ALL HERITAGE system" then the asthetics, or lack of, caused by those boxes in the room is simply going to be a reality.

Sooooooooooooooooooooo, do you want the sonic clarity & impact of all Heritage or do you want something prettier? For me it's just about that easy (as evidenced by what I've got sitting in my living room right now).

For me, it's a pretty small price to pay on asthetics, to stuff 5 Heritage speakers into the same room.

Throw some caution to the wind!!

[<:o)]

If you plan on running Khorn's front and rear the ONLY correct choice for a center is a Belle or La Scala. I have my 42" Hitachi Plasma perched stop my center La Scala, the Belle is narrower (LS = 24", Belle 18.75") so be aware when shopping for a TV. The viewing height is perfect for me.

A Cornwall or vertical Cornwall is doable but it is less efficient and not horn loaded.

The grill is off the sub; there seems to be some wire on the floor to trip on and there seems to be a plant on top of the expensive gear that has to have water every now and then. Other than that it is Beautiful.

I should have keep the 3rd Belle I had just to put the 52" DLP on. Later Bill