FS: Pair of Forte II's, excellent condition

Glowbug

Hi all...

I've got a pair of Forte II's up for sale, the time has come to upgrade...I'm the 2nd owner, these are from 1992 and are in oiled oak in excellent condition. Cosmetically and acoustically beautiful speakers...I have the original packing, these will be boxed well for shipment. Pictures are in this thread:

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=213145

I can take more pictures if someone wants them.

I know I'm very new here, but I have Ebay feedback (jimj974a), I'm a moderator on CarAudio.com with over 24k posts and a highly active member on SoundSolutionsAudio...I have many references available.

I'm looking for $500 plus shipping, but that's OBO. Let me know!

~ Jim

Boy, this forum is just great. What a wonderful group to be so fast to respond that "Roc" is in need of mid-Atlantic states, Forte IIs.

Actually I knew about these speakers already. They are oak, I need walnut. The grills are brown, I need black.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

They appear to be in excellent condition but I will wait for 1 or 2 pair of Forte IIs in excellent condition, oiled walnut, black grills to show up.

I have to pick them up so a 300 mile radius is about as far as I can go.

Please continue to keep me in mind.

Thanks to all.

Wow Roc, I must really commend your "stick to your guns", however you COULD get these and be (sonically) done, all the while of looking further for the proper finish? When you find the proper finish, resell these?

Heck... don't listen to me, I've got 2 birch LaScalas, 1 black LaScala and two black plug uglies. At least my EV's are walnut...

Wow Roc, I must really commend your "stick to your guns", however you COULD get these and be (sonically) done, all the while of looking further for the proper finish? When you find the proper finish, resell these?

Heck... don't listen to me, I've got 2 birch LaScalas, 1 black LaScala and two black plug uglies. At least my EV's are walnut...

You could always sell the pugs and get walnut ones to match your walnut speakers.

Well for me, psychologically there is a difference. It would definitely work negatively on my brain.

Different mid-range horn design, 15" passive radiator

you know it must make some sort of a difference.

It's just so hard waiting and waiting and waiting. I know one thing, when a good pair do show up I know that I will have to move fast. That is what I did on eBay for the two that I got recently.

I just wish they were closer to me, perfect match in finish and grill color to my originals; or do I? it would be very tempting and I suppose I could then sell one of my other pairs. Mixing woods of different trees has never been a problem for my decor however. Of course at the moment I have the same oak in three different finishes, at least I don't have to look at serial numbers to know which is which. Talk to Dtel about how his F I's work as surrounds with the F II's, for surround duty you probably can't tell a difference, except psychologically, although I am right there with you on sticking to a plan.

Hi all...

I've got a pair of Forte II's up for sale, the time has come to upgrade...I'm the 2nd owner, these are from 1992 and are in oiled oak in excellent condition. Cosmetically and acoustically beautiful speakers...I have the original packing, these will be boxed well for shipment. Pictures are in this thread:

I sent you an email yesterday but haven't gotten a response.

• 2 weeks later...