Terminal loction on Heresy's

two dot

Surely with all of the knowledge on this site, someone must know.

A pair of "X" Heresy's just sold on epay with terminals on top.

The "X"s should be '82s right?

It seems like I have seen similar vintage Hersy's with terminals down low.

What gives???

After collecting, rebuilding, etc. about 16 pairs (at last count...) there seems to be no "order". I have two pairs of 77's right now, one up and one down out in the living room... I'm also sitting here looking at a pair of late 1985 Heresy-I BB's (still with the K-22, K-55 and 77's, believe it or not!!!) with the terminals on the top (?). I did measure the wires on a project pair a while ago and colterphoto is correct. Top loaders are shorter; but then again that does not explain why "same year" pairs would be different. The holes are, however, drilled in the same relative position, regardless of orientation... That being said, it's possible that the assemblers just put the panels on and cut the wires to fit up or down, as the case may be. Who knows. I have a single '84 HBR out in the shop connected to my $10 FM mono radio with the E2 crossover screwed to the floor panel instead of the side. Came that way, no screw holes in the side panel. Go figure...