OPPO DV-981HD DVD player question

T2K

I want to run HDMI directly from Oppo DV-981HD player to TV input and digital coaxial from DVD player to receiver digital coaxial input for audio. Will this work? I imagine it will but I would like to know for sure before ordering the player. Oppo customer service is closed on weekends. Any help appreciated.

Keith

On the Oppo players, all the inputs are 'live' all the time, all send a signal simultaneously. You can go into the player's setup menu and set the HDMI audio to 'off' if you want, but the coaxial output will work either way.

What TV are you going to hook it up to?

Thanks for the swift replies. I finally got a few weeks off so maybe now I can get around to the HT setup. I finally managed to buy a stand (Mitsubishi MB-52B) while working 7 days a week (this internet thing and free delivery is a timesaver) for the 50" Sony SXRD TV I bought a month or so ago. By this time next year maybe I'll have time to get a satellite system installed. ;>)

In case anyone cares to know, a while back I asked a question here about stands, that I liked my silver in my pocket rather than on my TV or stand. So I decided on the Mitsubishi stand for the limited space that I had. I also am picky about my screen being seated eyeball height so the stand height was important to me. Since I couldn't find a stand that would accomadate my components that fit the above parameters I decided to keep my audio stand for my components and small down the stand, just using the stand for my center speaker and maybe a satellite receiver. The Mitsu was as close as I could find to what I wanted.

Most of these manufacturer stands are routed/notched on the top for the base of the specific TV the stand is designed for. The Sony base was too large. So rather than using a router to correct that I'm just going to use a piece of 1/2" plywood cut to fit the recess and paint the plywood black and maybe use a couple of screws to secure it, rendering the stand flush on top.

Thanks for the reasuring replies. And a picture is worth a thousand words.

Thanks James. I don't usually have a lot of time to watch TV but I enjoy a good movie from time to time. I haven't fired up the KSP400's in a couple of months now. I've got to move all of it, dust and rewire adding the Oppo DVD player. I'm anxious to see how the older upscaled DVD's look with the Oppo since the cable pic is exceptional with cable on the Sony.

Keith

Bring your Center speaker out to the edge..and try this...

Tilt it up slightly to your seating position height.

(I have seen people have them too far back on the shelves, and not tilted at all and go WOW.... What you said was soo dead on, thank you..)

Looks very, very, nice Keith.

I did the same with my Samsung DVD player upstairs.. In my case, a DVI cable (DVD Player to the HDTV) and the audio is sent by a optical out, into the Aragon Pre Amp. I assume like others have said, it will work great. Let us know what you think too?

Bring your Center speaker out to the edge..and try this...

Tilt it up slightly to your seating position height.

I would suggest a different approach. I would move the center channel above the display so that it is more in line with the left and right speaker horns. This will provide a much more realistic sound and avoid early reflections from the floor and the stand that can be less than ideal.

Congratulations on your new acquisitions. I am sure you will enjoy every minute of your time in front of your entertainment system.