FS: BBX LOMC SOLD! Thanks....

Chicago_Pete

Mark,

I actually got it for $ 100 less. [:$] But you should be happy, it's going into a nice Khorn system ('78s w/ALK jrs) alongside a pair of VRDs. [Y] I've been looking to score a unit like this for quite a while now. Don't get upset at the price because it made another forum member very happy. I've had to get all my components used , it's the only way I can really afford this hobby.

Do you know this unit? Been serviced at all? Do you recommend a quick stopover at your place before heading south (to Oakland), or should I just listen to it first?

Darrell

hey lightning guy how the vrd's holding up..................i see they will be re-united with the bbx i sold pete.................as far as unit needing service i had it serviced by mark a couple weeks b-4 pete bought it , i assume pete left the tubes in it that were in there when i sold it and they are all nos jan tubes only a few weeks old..............congradulations on the buy and enjoy they do sound good togeather.............by the way the case is walnut..................i have a maple one if you want 1 for it , i also have some other tubes for it if you are interested

Joe

Thanks Joe,

the VRDs are doing just fine, rocking my house! Bias is holding beautifully. Rolled the 12au7s to RCAs and 12ax7s to Telefunkens for a nice improvement (I believe). The Blueberry will be a better match for them than my Wright pre, The volume currently JUMPS off the knob. Now I can move a complete Wright system to my Heresies for a second stereo upstairs.

Interesting story that this will be a reuntied pairing! When did you sell to Pete?

I'll think about the cabinet and tubes later when I've had time to see and hear. Thanks!