OneCall has 60th Anniversary K-Horns For Sale!!!

DoubleJ

Free shipping, too!

The catalog I got from them yesterday had La Scala IIs, Cornwall IIIs, and Heresy IIIs... all with free shipping and "Spring Coupon Discounts".

How did I get on their mailing list? Did Klipsch sell my name to them? Parts Express?

Maybe I missed something in Hope! The 60th's have fully grilled sides but the box is not closed and I'm pretty sure they still require corner loading. They have just enclosed the backs were the horns reside and that should not affect any of the horn dispersion but maybe I had wax in my ears when Trey was talking about the thing[:D]

JJ, I'm pretty sure Seti was referring to Bill H's response on the cost thinking he was looking at standard K-Horns[;)]

Free shipping, too!

That's awfully generous of them. That's quite a bite out of their $6500 mark-up.

I don't recall anyone on the Forum actually saying he'd buy a pair if he could. I know there was some complaining that the model wasn't available in the US, which isn't really the same thing as someone saying he'd buy them if they were.

• Moderators

Dean, I'm a little confused. I have understood that Klipsch dealers has specific geographic territories, and that orders would be filled based on either your residence, or the store you purchased the items. OneCall is a mail order house, so would this be trumping "my" St. Louis store re territory?

Accoustic Sounds does the same thing, mail order, but they do say there may be territorial restrictions. To their credit they actually have them on display in a beautiful demo room, only problem is they are in Salina, KS. This is in fact where Sam Tellig of Stereophile obtained his LSII, and ended up keeping them.

Accoustic Sounds has the entire heritage line in their catalog. We do not have one stocking heritage dealer in Austin, let alone Texas. If Chad Kassem is stocking them, and advertising them in his nationwide catalog, then more power to him. The only way they can keep heritage going is sales, and this is the way to sell them.

Travis

I know there was some complaining that the model wasn't available in the US, which isn't really the same thing as someone saying he'd buy them if they were.

And of course is makes good sense to complain you can't get something when you don't want it anyway.

One Call is authorized to sell the 60th as is Acoustic Sounds. These people have national "reach". If we could find dealers willing to have them for display, we would be very happy to cooperate.

Bob G.,

eBay has vastly greater reach. Klipsch could sell 60th anniversary models online themselves, just like you guys sell iPod speakers and computer speakers. And that way you would be able to keep a lot more money for yourselves, or reduce the price considerably and still be ahead on profit margin.