OneCall has 60th Anniversary K-Horns For Sale!!!

DoubleJ

I guess i've been out of the pricing game too long.................. Holy Inflation Batman........................since when did the price jump from 7,500 a pair to 13,000 ?

They only made 300 pairs of 60TH anniversary Khorns and they are beautiful.

OneCall IS a dealer. The $13K price is what these particular models cost, the standard Klipschorn list price is still at $7500.

All that whining about these not being available here in the U.S., and now that they're here ...

"We want Klipsch to give us the Jubilee!" -- "We want Klipsch to give us the 60th Anniversary Klipschorn!"

My 17 year old daughter would say most around here are just a bunch of posers.:)

OneCall IS a dealer. The $13K price is what these particular models cost, the standard Klipschorn list price is still at $7500.

All that whining about these not being available here in the U.S., and now that they're here ...

"We want Klipsch to give us the Jubilee!" -- "We want Klipsch to give us the 60th Anniversary Klipschorn!"

My 17 year old daughter would say most around here are just a bunch of posers.:)

Now Dean thats not quite fair he just didn't know what he was seeing. I saw these up close in Hope and they are a site piano black gloss top, Lacewood veneer up front, a diamond in the PWK logo, a nice plaque with the pair number with description of the khorn, and the panels added to the sides/back to make them easier to seal into the corner.

BTW what is the ETA on the Jubilees?

I recall what seems to be a couple MONTHS ago, Trey saying they might have a couple pair of 60's available for U.S. consumption. I don't recall seeing anyone pursue his comment further.

Those sure are pretty however... that would also buy you almost TWO pair of Jubilees.... hmm.... interesting choice.

I like the click where you can "Add to cart"!!

Side note question: I presume that Roy comes up with the crossover numbers in his toy chamber. Who actually BUILDS the crossovers? I thought I was told that they didn't do that in Hope anymore??

Price is 12500, there's a 500 dollar spring discount.

Let's see.....disabled american discount....verteran discount....ARRP discount...no tax if shipped to an indian reservation....12 months intrest free.....write off the final price as depreciated cap over the next 5 years if I open my own klipsch store......what else.

Now Dean thats not quite fair he just didn't know what he was seeing. I saw these up close in Hope and they are a site piano black gloss top, Lacewood veneer up front, a diamond in the PWK logo, a nice plaque with the pair number with description of the khorn, and the panels added to the sides/back to make them easier to seal into the corner.

BTW what is the ETA on the Jubilees?

Seti:

Who are you referencing as 'he'?

JJ

Dean, I'm a little confused. I have understood that Klipsch dealers has specific geographic territories, and that orders would be filled based on either your residence, or the store you purchased the items. OneCall is a mail order house, so would this be trumping "my" St. Louis store re territory?

I'm speculating here but perhaps OneCall actually wrote a check for them as opposed to many dealers who wait for a customer and simply place an order to have the units drop shipped when paid for?

If that's the case, then the units could have sat around the factory for quite a while, had they waited for a dealer order.

Again... just speculating.

Stupid question. Once you stick the back on the Klipschorns (a la 60th anniversary and the ones Indy modified), you are no longer loading the room as you do with the original KHorn so what is the effect then? I know you can toe them in and out but how does it affect the Khorn "sound"?

I'ze wuz jist messin wit u'all.:)

Dean, I'm a little confused. I have understood that Klipsch dealers has specific geographic territories, and that orders would be filled based on either your residence, or the store you purchased the items. OneCall is a mail order house, so would this be trumping "my" St. Louis store re territory?

Interesting. I hadn't thought of that. Hmmm, maybe it falls in with what Richard said, I really don't know. I think it's great though that some are available over here, they sure are pretty.

Stupid question. Once you stick the back on the Klipschorns (a la 60th anniversary and the ones Indy modified), you are no longer loading the room as you do with the original KHorn so what is the effect then? I know you can toe them in and out but how does it affect the Khorn "sound"?

You still need boundary reinforcement. Roy indicated as long as you're within a foot of the walls in the corner the bass is unaffected. At least, that's my understanding.

You still need boundary reinforcement. Roy indicated as long as you're within a foot of the walls in the corner the bass is unaffected. At least, that's my understanding.

I'd say that's as good as anything. If I recall correctly, Roy said the Jubilees need to be within "about" ten inches from the walls in order to not lose anything.