just scored on a Scott 299c

laurenc319

hi,

I saw an ad on Agon yesterday for a 299c rebuilt by NOS Valves for $295.00, http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?intatube&1179751517, and responded immediately and was lucky enough to get it. I plan to use it with my Forte Is which I think it will mate nicely with. I'm sure it's line stage is very good. Can any one tell me about the quality of its phono stage as I have an extra TT I can use with it.

Thanks

Larry

Scott 299's have a nice phone section. I had a 299D prior to deciding on seperates and buying NOSValves VRD's and a BBX. I still miss my Scott. I should have kept it for a second system. It was that good. You won't get better bang for your buck IMO, especially since Craig already rebuilt it. Talk to garymd and others who have or do own 299's. I doubt many would say anything negative about them.

So in summary, consider it a steal at the price you paid. Enjoy the music.

Incredible deal! Congrats...[Y]. Sweet amp!

I have an NOS Valves rebuilt 272, big beast in my 2nd syste., I am very happy with it, although it may have to go to fund my main system. Great stuff, It surprises me that the prices don't rise. They must become more and more scarce? Tim.