oris vs klipsch !!!!!!!!!!!

my newest experiment, try oris horns for the mids, and high's (thanks to forum friend and member jbryan) and use the k-horn bass bins for the bottom end...........i love my k-horns but after much thought and hearing bryans system i couldnt resist the urge to try the oris in my oun room, so i bought a pair of the 200 horns with the fostex drivers from a friend of bryans

i put the oris horns atop the k-horns and hooked them directly to the seotl amps no x-overs i cant beleive the differance these horns make even without the bass, the detail has opened up and the soundstage is much wider it seems, i dont lose the sweetspot now when i turn my head, this was a little unexpected..............ive been reading a bit on single driver speakers and i now know what the fuss is about.............this should prove to be an eye opening experiment (or should i say ear) cant wait to hook up the bass with these and the x-over

not bashing klipsch just my initial thoughts on something new

Joe

mark, i beleive the driver is a 206 version but i am not sure and dont have time to pull the cover and baffle materials at this moment (memory failing, its hell getting older[8o|])

kev that is a very nice set-up which horn is that the 150 ???????????, i bought the 200 (simply because that is what was available at the time locally, i have heard the 150's ) the fostex may be a temp driver i will wait and see if any aer's show up cheap............i like the look of the bass bins you have there, i plan on trying my hand at a bass bin when time allows i just happen to have an eminence 15" driver in storage thaat would make a great test

i will likely be using a nikko active x-over, a hypex digital 150 wpc amp for the bass and the otl's for mid, & highs........but for now its off to work again double shift then a quick turnaround for another shift

Joe