Sweet guitar amps

Spongeworthy

Not sure if you are aware, but the latest marketing thing for the way expensive guitars and amps is the "hard road use" treatment applied to new gear prior to sale; UV aging and scratching, etc. - perfectly new equipment beat up and aged at an additional premium price. For the amps they treat them with the ever popular beer bottle circle stains, cigarette burns... I'm serious!

Makes me feel funny since my 20 year old Strat and old Fender tube amp have been all around the town and neither have a mark or scratch on them.

Here are a couple - these are brand NEW guitars!!!!!!! Very expensive cosmetic ageing treatment...

post-16099-13819330122588_thumb.jpg

Yeah , nice ones , thes wooden amps............

And that´s my private stuff at the moment , in former times I had nearly all the brands like Orange , Marshall aso.

Nowadays I try to find time to jam around a few minutes with that stuff You see on the add pic .

Keep on rockin´

Werner Enge .

post-23840-13819330123698_thumb.jpg

My old tube Fender is a keeper. Single 12" vintage greenback , 60 watts from two 6L6 (I use 5881 mil specs), two 12AX7 and a 12AT7 for the driver... same Fender circuit used in most of thier old amps for many years; it has a sweet clean tone I love that gets a little glassy past half volume, but the thing is heavy - over 60 lbs. I like to lay an empty beer bottle under the front edge to angle it up for projection... after all these years the vol control was getting a bit noisy and the input jacks were on their last legs - got all that repaired and its ready to sing for another twenty years. Its a bit of a Frankenstein Fender now what with the modern jacks, replaced knobs, replaced grill cloth (funny light brown color), replaced reverb tank (from an old Princeton - mismatched so full reverb only gives it a little ambience), replaced speaker (twice), replaced handle (from the same old Princeton)... still looks like "new" and I love the way it sounds. I play blues and rock with my '87 Seafoam Green Strat Plus and jazz with my Ibanez Archtop.

Those are sweet.

I just ordered a Peavey 6505. Got to work on those EVH licks.

I used to have one, but it was called the 5150, a big, badass combo that had just as much gain as a Mesa Triple Rec or a Soldano at a fraction of the price! Loved it at the time, but sold it on the cheap. The person I sold it to has never changed tubes or had it serviced and it still sounds monstrous. Lots of bang for the buck, and Peavey amps last forever.

Gear snobs like to make fun of Peavey gear, but this amp will eat your boutique amp for breakfast!

Right now, I am a big fan of Carvin guitars and amps. Good stuff made in the USA factory direct.

The dayshift foreman at work plays blues guitar. We were conversing, and he mentioned a nice little simple low-watt amp for practice.

I went through this little Precision electronics PA amp and gussied it up a bit. It's a 6BQ5 PP amp with a 6EU7 driver and 6V4/EZ80 rectifier.

It has 1/4" jack for the mic input. I need to mount a 1/4" jack for output, and receive the EZ80 before I let him try it.

I've subbed a EZ81 for now, and have been having some good fun inputing the junk keyboards I have into it.

Inputed the speaker leads with one keyboard into the mic input. Hit "pipe organ" and crank the keyboard volume, then crank the amp volume. Sounds likes a ratty old Hammond...................

It should make a decent practice amp.

post-6643-13819330144628_thumb.jpg

I scored a sweat deal locally about 10 years ago with an all tube 62' Fender Deluxe (original, not remake). The only problem was a bad power capacitor that was a cheap fix. It's a little rough cosmetically, but I've never heard tone like that before or since. I swapped out the Rat Shack speaker the previous owner had in it for a Ted Weber AlNiCo(the best vintage replacement IMO) and I haven't looked back since.