Time to Sign up for the MD-DC-VA October 20 Klipsch/Strathmore Fest

LarryC

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i look forward to meeting as many in the group as who attend. you guys (and gals) are both an inspiration and a lot of fun! by the way, what refreshments are in order? are there any tee-totalers in the group and if so would it offend if some firewater could attend also?

pete ;)

Larry/Gary,

I'm in for this for sure. Is a list of attendee's available? I think the Parrot may attend but have not received a definite on that yet. If he does we will share driving duties from his place in south eastern Ohio. If he does not end up going I will either have to rent an economy car or find a driving partner with a good gas mileage car to make the trip. I'll be more then happy to build up a stereo amplifier for this event setup for class A triode operation for folks to audition. I need one for my living room any way.

Where do I send the $25 for the concert tickets?

Craig

Flying would probably be cheaper and save you a lot of time?

Larry, I take it we will (or THE PARTY) be putting together an itinerary as the date approaches? Since the event falls on a Saturday, should I plan a vacation day for Friday? (remember I work 3-Midnight). Since I am about 100 miles away, I can either drive up Friday night and stayover, or just make it a looooooong day Saturday.

Just goin' with the flow, but need some guidance on course of action.

P.S. Check going in mail on Friday.......which do you prefer? Money order or Personal Check?

Klipsched,

Personal check is fine.

We'll follow last year's plan, namely start at my place around 9 AM, head to Gary's for lunch and his session around noon, and head back to Bethesda around 3:30 PM or so. Dinner at the restaurant around 5:00 PM, head for the concert at 7:15 PM, concert at 8 PM.

So it's up to you, but it sounds like you'd better get some sleep and drive here Friday. I'll probably have the house open Friday evening.

Larry

Check went out today, so you should have it NLT Tuesday........Tuesday of what week or which year, is a whole 'nuther question. I say that tongue n' cheek, but I've got an LP lost in the USPS blackwhole (12 days now and insurance # seller provided is not in the USPS database).

Not just that, but I went into get a $25 money order w/ (2) $20 bills, and was told "Sorry, you'll have to have something smaller, as I can't provide change"....of course I had just come from the bank, and possessed only $20 Jackson's. (2) wasted trips the see my local P.O.

Now I totally understand the phrase, "Going Postal"[8o|]