pCat/Peach

ssh

No, it doesn't "blow it away". I am still breaking-in the pCat, and getting used to it. I have about three hours of listening with the Peach/pCat, and thirty-to-forty with the SLP2002/pCat. I won't draw any conclusions about the Peach until after spending time with the Peach and several amps that I know well. Since I mostly use the JFL 2A3s, I will have a better idea of a "comparison" after that listening combination.

I didn't buy the Peach to compare it with another pre. I wanted to hear Mark's amps with the pre that he designed. Otherwise, I wouldn't have bought the Peach, since I've been satisfied with the SLP2002.

I enjoy the soundstage of the Peach, and my initial impression is all smiles.

SSH

No, it doesn't "blow it away". I am still breaking-in the pCat, and getting used to it. I have about three hours of listening with the Peach/pCat, and thirty-to-forty with the SLP2002/pCat. I won't draw any conclusions about the Peach until after spending time with the Peach and several amps that I know well. Since I mostly use the JFL 2A3s, I will have a better idea of a "comparison" after that listening combination.

I didn't buy the Peach to compare it with another pre. I wanted to hear Mark's amps with the pre that he designed. Otherwise, I wouldn't have bought the Peach, since I've been satisfied with the SLP2002.

I enjoy the soundstage of the Peach, and my initial impression is all smiles.

SSH

Well I've never heard a SLP, but the Peach will "blow it away" because I have one and the cabinet looks cool.

BS

The peach appears to be alot like my audible illusions L-1.

You can control the gain for each channel then adjust the master volume. Awesome in my book.

Only drawback with the illusions is its finicky about impedance unlike Marks peach.

I wouldn't think it matters; that's the way mine is setup.

My fuse blew while turning on the unit, & I was surprised to see that it's only a 1A/250W. Does anyone know if is this the standard amperage fuse?

Eric & JJ Cale sound up close & personal with the P/p.

SSH

BS Button said: EXSQUEEZE ME?...try "blows it away"

---------------------------------------------------------------------

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Why would you make such a statement if you never heard the Cary SLP? [8-)]

The proper fuse is 1A/250V type 3AG for the Peach.

The level controls should be set so that the loudest you ever listen will occur when the volume control is all the way UP.

I'm going to read the manual again. Today has been one big brain fart for me. Nothing's sinking in.

I've never blown a fuse in the Peach (and it was bought used too). Actually, the Peach has acted flawlessly for me. Knock wood.

SSh Ive heard Juicy Music pre-amps and believe them to be of excellent quality. Im just a little miffed at some of the statements popping up on the Forum, especially when void of factual information or reasonable comparison. Marks products get enough specific and legitimate praise and after all; blows away is a pretty powerful suggestion.