pCat/Peach

ssh

Scott sorry - the Jolida CDP is plugged into the Creek. Creek plugged into Peach on one of the 4 input selections. Say it's on Aux 2. I can still switch to different Aux's/inputs to keep it out of the loop if desired. IDK if this could go into the Tape Loop cuz the Tape Loop is something I never really spent time to learn - hence I'm confused about it and might not have been utilizing it when I should. Anyhoo, it's nice to have a remote for the Peach. There's someone here (forgot who) that has around 10 of these Creek gadgets. I always hoped he'd downsize but he sure loved them.

Mark,

No, it performed beyond my expectations and actually didn't realize just how great a value it was until it was out of the system. It just wasn't 'perfect' for my needs at the time as ridiculous is that term is in this hobby. It was a rough afternoon the day I realized that case wouldn't fit in the cabinet!

Now that I've changed my setup, I really want the wood case. What is the time frame on the switch to metal? Remote? I am seriously moving some lesser used gear to make the first new purchase in my system in many years. Of course, my wife finds this whole thing amusing and she said to me, "Nothing you do up there (referenceing my media room) makes sense."

Gosh Mark - You've been busy... I'm curious about the remote mod if it would be inside the preamp or some standalone plug-in type and what the remote is going to look like.

Any pics of the metal cases? I'm curious as to why they'd measure an inch wider than a std. Peach with wood case.

Good idea to know specifically what a remote's functions are. I'm pretty sure the one to my rather esoteric Joule Electra preamp does only the volume and balance (!) controls, which have little motors on them on the inside, and a little IR receiver thingie tucked away under the front panel that can barely be seen. I don't even think it controls the on-off switch or input selector! (I can't find it right now -- my pre and my listening are in two different rooms and I never use it.)

I think the main reason for the limited function is Joule was able to add cute little motors to the Noble potentiometers he prefers for the gain and balance, but not to the multi-contact disc selector control (CD, phono, aux) which has a brass shaft that runs from multi-contact discs in front to the remaining such discs at the back panel. Same thing for the mute and on-off switches (on-off is on a different chassis 2' - 3' away). Joule's overwhelming priority is sonics, not replicating common features. I'll bet a lot of chi-chi preamps are similar.

I suppose it's much easier to build a remote function into units that have electronic logic switching inside. At least that's where I think I see the other extreme of remotes. Bottom line -- unless you're getting a 50-button monster, you may still have to decide whether the remote has enough of the desired functions to make it worth while. Not to mention steep learning curves and the 80+% of functions you never use.

Mark,

When you have a Peach ready with a remote send me an email. I will buy one from you then. I had wanted one with the wood case, but I like this new look too. Also would love to have that all important volume remote. So Yes, put me down for one whenever you have it all finalized.

Jeff

"Peach looks substantially the same, except of course for the extra mode switch."

Extra mode switch? And, let me understand.... the remote will be included in future units as standard or as an optional upgrade when ordering? And, do I have it right that this can also be a retrofit to existing units? If so, I guess it would be too lucky if it was designed as a Do at home project - right? :)

Argh...my silver knobs didn't show up last night. Anywhere, here is the Black/Black version. I think it will look much nice with silver knobs. I have the silver front panels on order also. Peach looks substantially the same, except of course for the extra mode switch.

And you didn't even ask for our cosmetic design assistance? The nerve.