Any guitarists on the Klipsch forums:

ibanezhater

Current gear:

1999 Carvin DC127, all mahogany, neck-through-body: Made in the USA

2000 Carvin SC90, all koa body, Claro walnut figured top, abalone inlays: Made in the USA

2002 (?) Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue

Tech 21 Trademark 10 modeling amp

Previous gear:

Peavey Triumph 120 1x12 combo

Peavey 5150 2x12 combo

BC Rich Gunslinger

Les Paul Standard

assorted pedals and accessories

Gear I'd like to acquire:

Carvin V3 combo

Breedlove acoustic

Lots of guitarists here.

1974 Guild F30R

1991 Taylor 812C

1940s era Kalamazoo Lap Steel

Late Model Godin LG solid mahogany w/Seymour Duncan P90s

Yamaha Guitar amp (can't remember the model and I'm too lazy right now to go look) that I paid $50 because it was broken.

Bruce

Godins are awesome. Lots of guitar for the dollar, ya know?

I just saw a picture of a Martin solidbody in Vintage Guitar magazine. Very interesting. I also would like to get a late '70's Ovation solid body, like the one the guy from Queens of the Stone Age uses. Then of course, there's the classic BC Rich guitars from the '70s and '80s, like the Eagle, Bich, etc. Let's not forget the badass metal guitars from the '80's, like the orginal Charvels, the Jackson Randy Rhoads model, the Hamer Californian, etc.

It's called GAS - gear acquisition syndrome. It's a terrible condition. But FUN!

Hi fi is an expensive hobby. So is guitar and amp collecting. Jeez, maybe I should take up jogging, or something else that's dirt cheap!

Oh Patrick, the D-42 is a nice guitar. How old is the one you have? I had a 1960s era D-28 that a firend of mine still has. He says I may get it back one of these days. He also has a D-42, a couple 728 models (7/8 size D-28), 1937 C-1 (archtop- not really very good guitar but it is still a Martin), so many I have lost track.

The Godin is a great guitar, and I got it used for way under half price. Looks mint! My oldest son has a Godin A4 fretless bass. Very nice.

All th eold Fender gear is great too.

Guitars are easier to stash under the bed or in the closet, compared to speaker gear. It is all a disease.

I had a 68 strat. I sold it to pay for a semester of school back around 92-93.[:'(] I should have dropped out of school and kept the guitar. You can always go back to school...you can't replace an axe like that. The thing almost played itself - which was nice because I was not that good[:$] Man I miss it.

Here's a couple shots of the Godin. I am lovin' this guitar. The construction is excellent. Parts made in Canada and assembled in New Hampshire (think that's right, might be Vermont).

Bruce

post-7149-13819330583476_thumb.jpg

Paul,

Some of the Ibanez models are almost perfect. I was looking at some of the same series, and with a little tweaking, would be sooooo good. I just lucked out on finding the Godin for $300. In almost mint condition and less than half the list price, it was too good to pass up.

Bruce

Yeah, I had been playing jazz on my Strat for years; neck pickup,
tone rolled down, thick pick, little bit of reverb - close in tone but
the solid body can't decay the sound envelope like a hollow body;
finally decided to hunt down a real jazz box. I tried a bunch and
preferred the darker tone of the Ibanez - it had a more authentic
sounding thump. It was only after falling in love with the sound did I
notice that it was much less costly than the other brands I did not
prefer... dumb luck I guess.

Know nothing about Godin but that axe looks beautiful and well made!

A number of years ago in England i was shopping for a new guitar amp when i came across a similar Ibanez, i took one look at it and just had to have it. It was a George Benson model and it was a dream to play, i also found the amp i wanted, a Burman 502 combo. The guitar is long gone but i do still have that amp, it has'nt been used in years due to an undiagnosed problem, one day i'll get it fixed cos it was the sweetest amp i have ever owned.

This is my Kalamazoo lapsteel. I paid $40 for it in the mid '70s. At the time I didn't care for the ugly paint job, so I stripped it and found a Gibson logo underneath the paint. I put on some Grover tuners and wail away. The single coil pickup buzzes like crazy, but the tone is to die for.

post-7149-13819330595326_thumb.jpg