Pair of Cornwall III - sold on Ebay for....

CosimoJack

$1300

I almost won but was outbid by $10 in the last second...

Curious is that a good price? :)

I saw'em, but can't for the life of me, figure out why the Seller offered them as singles in 2 separate auctions.... And if they were in good condition 8/10 or better..... $1300 would have been a steal.

Travis, you just missed your chance for a road trip to Salt Lake City.

yep, that was them... 2 separate auctions.

I figured if I won the first (which went for $660), I would have bid like $1000 to ensure I won the 2nd auction... but alas I was outbid in the last few seconds on the first (I had $650)...

the seller was a huge discount warehouse, with only avg. feedback (10% neg. feedback)...

I think that kept bidders away... hopefully it works out for the winner, I sent him an email congratulating him.

Now it looks like I'll go back to my original plan of getting new Heresy III's...

their smaller size will make my wife happier anyway...

A different strategy might be tobid more aggressively on the second single, and then deal with the first buyer from there.

If
the buyer knew (and I suspect they did) what these were worth, they
played a great hand. Still, I'm surprised at the seeming lack of
interest...

Good price - but I have seen Cornwalls for sale on Amazon for $1750 or thereabouts - brand new. I seem to recall they have Scala's too but I cannot remember the price. Who knows what is going on there - I thought Klipsch didnt sell Heritage new, on-line.

Edit - Just hunted it down http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Cornwall-Black-Loaded-Loudspeaker/dp/B000FOMZ4U/ref=sr_1_28/102-1324173-3924115?ie=UTF8&s=audio-video&qid=1177069243&sr=1-28

I was a buck and a bit out.

Also on there:

http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-KLIPSCHORN-Horn-Loaded-Floorstanding-Loudspeaker/dp/B000JQM14S/ref=sr_1_30/102-1324173-3924115?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1177657286&sr=1-30

KHorns for $3,750 - new but not the latest version.

Heresy 3's for $750!!

And scalas indeed:

http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-SCALA-Heritage-Floorstanding-Speaker/dp/B000OCVKV2/ref=sr_1_54/102-1324173-3924115?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1177657418&sr=1-54

For $2,750.

Something is going on here!!

I thought about that... but you can't see who is bidding...

so it's risky, what if the buyer was looking for a 3rd speakers for a center channel or something... then I'd be stuck with one without any leverage to work a deal... couldn't risk that.

$10 was just the incremental bid at that time. The winner may have outbid you by much more than that.

I know he very well could have had $1000 or something... I tried to go back in and bid $700... but I didn't have enough time...

I asked the winning bidder what his reserve was last night, curious is $700 would have been enough...

He hasn't replied, but if he does, I'll report back.

As my (and every one's) Grandmother used to say: "if it sounds too good to be true, then ....."

I am skeptical and I doubt these were actually CW 3s. They may have been an earlier version, in which case the price is more realistic. There have not been that many CW3s made to begin with that you would be likely to find such a deal. I think you saved yourself a headache.

-Tom

I was going to bid on those but I sure did not like the sellers feedback...

90% not for me.

I hope whoever got these has good luck with them

I think most of the negative feedback was due to people not reading the auctions carefully or the item not being in stock...

The company is a huge Discount Warehouse with 100,000's of items, so sometimes they can't find items, etc...

There are stretches of like 500+ transactions in row with good feedback...

I didn't see anyone saying they got ripped off either... so I think it was worth the risk.

Boy I don't know.... looks like someone might have got a real "bargain" at BargainLand.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Klipsch-Cornwall-III-Cherry-3-Way-Horn-Loudspeaker-NR_W0QQitemZ170103859135QQihZ007QQcategoryZ3276QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Is that a III in the picture? I don't know the Cornwall that well. They put the little piece of paper with their logo in the photo.

I imagine they don't pack all that well but even with a little damage, 1/3 off list price isn't too bad.