Forte 2 wall spacing

Forte2me

I have a general starting point that I describe as the total of the diameter of all the rear ports/passives.

For the Forte II, having the rear of the cabinet about 12" from the wall (if rear of cabinet is parallel to wall)

If positioned in a corner the center rear of the cabinet about 12-15" from corner . (this would allow about 2-3" between each cabinet side and side wall.

Michael

• Moderators

I've always used the same rough rule as Colter describes, and it works for my room just fine.

Me to, in corner, edges of the speaker a few inches from the wall, don't matter that much for me, they are set to small.

Mine are toed in and not in corners, and some part of the passive is about 12" from the wall. Every now and then I readjust just to make sure since they might get moved a little here and there over time.

What from vibrations?

Anything's possible! However, more likely any movement is from cleaning and/or moving other stuff near there. Since i don't have a dog I can't blame it, and the bunny probably isn't strong enough, but then again she has taught me to never under-estimate a determined small mammal....

Mine are toed in and not in corners, and some part of the passive is about 12" from the wall. Every now and then I readjust just to make sure since they might get moved a little here and there over time.

What from vibrations?

Anything's possible! However, more likely any movement is from cleaning and/or moving other stuff near there. Since i don't have a dog I can't blame it, and the bunny probably isn't strong enough, but then again she has taught me to never under-estimate a determined small mammal....

How hard do you clean?

Please stop referring to your wife as "Bunny". It is not as flattering as you might think.

What from vibrations?

How hard do you clean?

Please stop referring to your wife as "Bunny". It is not as flattering as you might think.

Maybe so Roc, but then again I would never trade her for another pair of Forte II's....

Interesting look, Colter with the grills on the back - anyone else using these? Definately functional, not sure if I could get used to the appearance - any opinions on effect on resale value (not that any of us would ever sell them...)?

Since those passive radiators are all but impossible to replace I think the covers are an excellent option. Many Forte and Chorus II owners on this Forum should thank Michael for that post. I cant imagine they would hurt the value and like somebody said; who would ever sell them anyway![;)]<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />