Been a good week... Heresy's, Cornwall's, and ......JBL's?

Last week, I spotted a pair of Heresy's on Craigslist for $175 with a bad woofer, & grabbed them. I had another spare woofer on the shelf, so they are already working. Turns out, the guys dog chewed up the woofer! (Well, I thought it was funny)

A few nights later, I got a call from a friend about a pair of Cornwall's that I have been trying to grab some time. When I first saw them, the tweeters were blown, so I ordered a pair of diaphrams from Bob & gave them to him, but he never installed them. The call was that he had an amp blow out & took out the crossovers, so he now wants to sell them. I got them for $350. Turns out, both woofers are blown, & the crossovers are fine.

While I was picking them up, he also handed me a pair of JBL L88's, in poor condition. One has a bad tweeter, & the other the grill is busted.

Here is a pic of the Heresy's:

post-11842-13819330725106_thumb.jpg

When I pulled the backs, one had the original, square magnet driver, & the other had a K-33-R, round magnet. The square mag had an open circuit.

Here is a pic of the coil from the round mag. I think it got a bit hot....

post-11842-13819330726946_thumb.jpg

Cyclonecj, if you are interested in selling either sets of these speakers let me know, I am looking for a set of speakers for a veneering project. I sent you a pm. And man you are one lucky dude what a find on two sets of klipsch speakers.

I see that the forum is back up.... it went down last night while I was posting these.....

Sorry Alan, I already have plans for the new additions (except the JBL's), but I sent you a link to another pair via email.

Here is a pic of the JBL's....

post-11842-13819330727956_thumb.jpg

i have the woofers for those corns for sale now on ebay if you are interested, they were just removed from a pair of lascallas and are in fine shape they are listed for 189.00 for the pair but i will do 169.00 for the pair plus shipping here on the forum

Joe

Joe... Great offer... Thanks.

If you still have them next month, I may take you up on it, but this month is tight getting the boat ready for the summer. I also talked to Bob Crites about his improved woofers that he had made for the Corns. I will be looking for opinions from anyone that has used them.

It was not funny when the little dog we had pulled the grill off of one of my Heresy's and chewed the woofer up. Custom Audio replaced the parts; that is the only time either one has been opened. Guess I should get the caps replaced one of these days.

Congrats on the big time score this week. Later Bill

i suppose some might consider this suggestion cruelty to animals but since it was such an egregious case of 'speaker cruelty' i submit the following: strap the dog down in front of the speaker. play two hours of 'the best of lawrence welk'. either the dog will have an enormous fear of the speaker from that day on or he will be too busy waltzing to chew on it again. just my .02 worth.

;0 pete

p.s. mea culpa...

Pretty good surrounds on those JBL woofers. They almost never wear out. Someone on the Altec Lansing Heritage site might be interested in them if you want to pass them on. My younger son is using a pair of L46 at school. Awsesome as his PC speaks, mated with an H/K 430.

Bruce