32 Tornados reported across Kansas

• Moderators

I just heard on the morning news initial reports indicate thirty two tornados touched down across the Kansas area overnight. One report of "60% of a town being leveled by a l 1/2 mile wide tornado", with sixteen people killed, sixty injuries and a good many of those injuries being critical.

If any of our forum members are in that area I sure hope they are safe and sound. Please remember these folks in your thoughts and prayers, they need it.

Guest Anonymous

My hometown of Greensburg Ks was hit by one of those tornados it was a mile wide and took out almost all of the town. we have been up all night trying to get ahold of my family. I finally got in touch with my dad he said his house is in bad shape my brother and sister lost everything. They are starting to evacuate the town becouse it is not safe. I see the pictures on tv and I feel numb I want to cry, my old town will never be the same. I just thank God my family is ok.

Guest Anonymous

I lived in Greensburg all my life and i never saw a tornado, they always went around us. Now one comes and it's a monster , and it levels the whole town, mainstreet is a pile of bricks. My dad is a barber and his shop is gone, my mom worked at the hospital , and it's gone what do they do now?. My brother lost so much, his house, two trucks, boat and camper, but i guess those are just material things. My sister and her two kids are all ok. You just never know when everything is going to be taken away from you. How do you rebuild a whole town? It will never be the same.

The new Cheyenne Plains pipeline (natural gas) that was put in service nearly 2 years ago on the other end of our pipe (from Cheyenne Wyoming) ends up near Greensburg.  While working last night, we were notified that one of our plant operators was not yet accounted for.  I did not hear anything else, I hope he was found ok.  To those that were not lucky enough to survive the twister I send my heartfelt sympathy.

• Moderators

Willie,

My heart goes out to you and your family. If there is anything we can do please let us know. Having experienced the destruction caused with Katrina and the losses our families suffered makes your loss all the more real. I will keep you and yours in our prayers.

Again, please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Willie.....sorry to hear about your home town and the property loss your family suffered. I caught some of the update on CNN and they are saying the town was 90% destroyed. Let us know if we can help in any way. Our thoughts are with you and the people of Greensburg.

Chuck

Willie,

The storm is absolutely devastating. Your instincts are right that the things lost are material things. That's alot to come to terms with, indeed. The loss of your family would be, well, there aren't words for that. Hope things go well for them as they are picking up the pieces. No doubt, a difficult season lies ahead.

Willie, I don't think I've ever seen pictures like the ones they are showing of your home town. A great tragedy.

I'm very sorry about you family's material losses but am glad that they survive to renew themselves.

Sounds like it's time to take a few days off and head out to provide some moral support. My best to you are your family in this trying time.

Marty

Guest Anonymous

I would like to thank everyone for their support it means a lot to me. My family is doing well, they got to go back in today and get some clothes and look for anything else that they can find. My parents house is still pretty much in one piece my brothers house and my sisters house are totally gone so it is harder for them to find anything.I see pictures on tv and the internet and I still can't believe it. It was a busy time in tornado alley this weekend. Thank you Willie