Waiting for Forte IIs (I mean Godot!!!)

In February/March I activated my plan to convert my system from stereo to eight channel (7.1).

I bought a bunch of stuff including roses for the wife. (no dummy here.)

I spent a lot of time researching, wiring things and moving things around. (I bought romantic cards for my wife.)

What I' ve got now is six speakers in a 7.1 system.

What I need desperately is more Forte IIs, more Forte IIs, more Forte IIs.

They must be in mint condition, oiled walnut, located in the mid-Atlantic states.

Cash-on-demand or an appropriate trade is possible.

March, April & May have been lonely months for that sixth speaker who is missing his seventh speaker brother.

Someone out there has the speakers that I am seeking. Someone........somewhere.........sometime.

If you are the one , contact me at rrinaldi@jhsph.edu

We can work it out.

In February/March I activated my plan to convert my system from stereo to eight channel (7.1).

I bought a bunch of stuff including roses for the wife. (no dummy here.)

I spent a lot of time researching, wiring things and moving things around. (I bought romantic cards for my wife.)

What I' ve got now is six speakers in a 7.1 system.

What I need desperately is more Forte IIs, more Forte IIs, more Forte IIs.

They must be in mint condition, oiled walnut, located in the mid-Atlantic states.

Cash-on-demand or an appropriate trade is possible.

March, April & May have been lonely months for that sixth speaker who is missing his seventh speaker brother.

Someone out there has the speakers that I am seeking. Someone........somewhere.........sometime.

If you are the one , contact me at rrinaldi@jhsph.edu

We can work it out.

So tired, tired of waiting, tired of waiting for you, Forte II. ( apologies to the Kinks)

I know where there is a nice pair Forte II's .................But...........They are black, and New York State...............

In the spirit of peace, love, and understanding............I'm looking for Forte IIs, in oiled walnut, mint condition, located somewhere near Baltimore, Maryland, so I can pick them up. Keep me in mind oldster.

There is a pair being offered in MA in the finish that you seek. See here:

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/913214.aspx

I checked it out. Unfortunately they have been painted black and appear a bit rough (missing grills, etc.)

I may have to pass on these in hopes of better condition Forte IIs coming along.

Thank you so much for keeping me in mind.

Hey Roc, Haven't yapped at you in a while, I'm sorry you haven't found your holy grail yet, maybe I can give you a suggestion if your in a hurry. Buy a pair of black ones, or maybe rough condition and solicate a couple of these fine fellows on here that do fantastic work on verneering. I've seen photos of some fantastic work here. Also, you can't get any more pristine than NEW finish. Just a thought, good luck.

P.S. I was serious a while back when I suggested using Chorus's as mains and center, you might find that they are asthetically pleasing, in proportion to your Forte's, and seem to be more readilly available. I have a pair and they kick serious butt.

Your suggestions are very tempting. The Chorus does appear similar to the forte IIs with just a little less low end. I have an f-113 JL Audio sub to cover the low end, so the difference doesn't matter that much. I may be weakening slightly.....still trying to hold out for forte IIs, but maybe soon I will begin the compromise, although knowing myself, I will hate to do it.

Thanks for your comments.

If you compromise, stick with the Forte II's, compromise on the finish, then pounce when your finish shows up, and use the others somewhere else or pass them on...

After all, for a perfectly matching soundstage, you can't do better than identical speakers all around, you have that now, don't ruin it.