• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is the pro verion of my amps:

http://www.musicstorenetwork.com/store.php?itemid=408589642091-23

Too heavy to be really portable.

The high end Krells and Levinsons double in power every time impedence is cut in half. The pro amps don't because they can't, but then again they do not cost $10,000 and up either. In any event, the QSC's and Crowns are fantastic bargains.

So in a home listening enviroment would the fan noise be a problem with the crowns?

Looks like some good deals on crowns are available with rebates until the end of May.

Absolutely a problem if you don't like anything louder than a normal computer...[:o] Crown does a have a few models with no fans and some of them have variable speed fans that only come on when they get warm. My solution is to simply put the amps in a different room.

So in a home listening enviroment would the fan noise be a problem with the crowns?

Looks like some good deals on crowns are available with rebates until the end of May.

Absolutely a problem if you don't like anything louder than a normal computer...[:o] Crown does a have a few models with no fans and some of them have variable speed fans that only come on when they get warm. My solution is to simply put the amps in a different room.

Thanks Mike

Let us not forget the PS 400 Crown. Big brother of the venerated DC 300.

57 pounds of iron. Fanless. Massive heat sinks. Bridgeable 660watts per channel @ 8 ohms.

Heres my little QSC:

8 ohms 20 Hz20 kHz 0.1% THD : 1550 W BRIDGE MONO MODE

And the little Crown K2:

8-ohm Bridge-Mono

1,600W@ 1% THD @ 1khz

The Crowns tend to only show their specs at 1khz not the entire frequency band.

But as you can see these are some real power houses. And by the way both of these designs have zero fan noise in the listening environment.

--------------

Why, do you suppose?

ROFLMAO!

Indeed!!!!

So as not to clutter the brains of audiophiles with anything superfluous that might interfere with their only using their ears.

They publish plenty of specs! But you have to actually read to discover the others!

And the what you are seeing there are a brief synopsis of their MINIMUM GUARANTEED SPECS!

A brief synopsis that does NOT represent the full set of published specs!

The link for many amp documents for a variety of series: http://www.crownaudio.com/gen_htm/express/examp.htm

Hereafter, I will generally reference just the links for the MacroTech series : http://www.crownaudio.com/amp_htm/macronew.htm

and just the MA-5002VZ unit in particular.

Here is just the spec sheet (which is still an abbreviated synopsis!) http://www.crownaudio.com/amp_htm/maspec_2.htm

Macro-Tech Series

MA-5002VZ Specifications

The

following applies to 120-VAC, 60-Hz units in Stereo mode with 8-ohm

loads and an input sensitivity of 26-dB gain unless otherwise

specified. Specifications for units supplied outside the U.S.A. may

vary slightly at different AC voltages and frequencies.

ma5002pr.gif

Power

Load Impedance:

Safe with all types of loads. Rated for 2 to 8 ohms in Stereo, 4 to 16

ohms in Bridge-Mono and 1 to 4 ohms in Parallel-mono mode.

Voltage Gain to 1-kHz, 8-ohm rated output;

• 132:1 6% or 42 dB 1 dB gain at 0.775-volt sensitivity.
  • 71:1 12% or 37 dB 1 dB gain at 1.4-volt sensitivity.
  • 20:1 3% or 26 dB 0.25 dB gain at the 26-dB gain setting.

Required AC Mains: 50 or 60 Hz; 100-, 120-, 200-, 208-, 230-, 240-VAC (10%).

AC Line Current,

Current, voltage and frequency requirements are provided on the units back panel.

At Idle: All units draw 90 watts or less.

AC Line Connector: 10 AWG cordset with NEMA TT30P plug is provided on 120 VAC, 60 Hz North American units.

Performance

Frequency Response: 0.1 dB from 20 Hz to 20 kHz at 1 watt.

Phase Response: 10 degrees from 10 Hz to 20 kHz at 1 watt.

Signal-to-Noise Ratio,A-weighted:

Better than 105 dB below rated 1-kHz power.

Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): 1-kHz rated power, 0.05% or less true THD.

Intermodulation Distortion (IMD): (60 Hz and 7 kHz at 4:1) Less than 0.05% from rated power to 35 dB below rated power at 8 ohms.

Damping Factor: Greater than 1,000 from 10 Hz to 400 Hz.

Controlled Slew Rate: (Slew rates are limited to useful levels for ultrasonic/RF protection.) Greater than 30 volts per microsecond.

Controls

Compressor:

A three-position back-panel switch is used to control each channels

input compressor. The "fast" setting provides an attack time of 4

milliseconds and a release time of 300 milliseconds; the "slow" setting

provides an attack time of 12 milliseconds and a release time of 600

milliseconds; the "off" setting defeats output-driven compression.

Enable: A front-panel push button used to turn the amplifier on and off.

Input Ground Lift:

A two-position back-panel switch located on the PIP2-FXQ used to

isolate the input audio signal grounds from the AC (chassis) ground.

Level: A front-panel rotary potentiometer for each channel with 31 detents used to control the output level.

Loudspeaker Offset Integration:

A two-position back-panel switch for each channel used to turn the

loudspeaker protection circuitry on and off. The circuitry protects

against DC, off-center woofer cone movement, and unwanted subsonic and

ultrasonic frequencies.

Sensitivity:

A three-position back-panel switch for each channel used to select

input sensitivity: 0.775 volts or 1.4 volts for standard 1-kHz power,

or a 26 dB voltage gain.

Stereo/Mono: A three-position back-panel switch used to select Stereo, Bridge-Mono or Parallel-Mono mode.

VZ Mode: A four-position switch for each channel inside the front panel used to control the switching mode of the VZ power supplies.

Indicators

Enable: An amber front-panel LED that shows the on/off status of the low-voltage power supply.

Signal/IOC:

A green front-panel LED for each channel that flashes to show amplifier

output. If a channels output waveform differs from its input by 0.05%

or more, the indicator flashes brightly to show distortion.

ODEP:

An amber front panel LED for each channel that shows thermal-dynamic

energy reserve. Normally, each ODEP indicator is lit to show available

reserve energy. In the rare event that a channel has no reserve, its

indicator will dim in proportion to ODEP limiting.

ILoad/ILimit:

A two-color (green/red) LED for each channel that shows load current

and limit current. They glow green to indicate load current flowing out

the amplifier, and they turn red when maximum current is being

delivered to the load.

Input/Output

Input Connectors: Balanced three-pin XLR and balanced -inch(6.35-mm) TRS connectors are provided on the factory-installed PIP2-FXQ .

Input Impedance: Greater than 10 kohms, balanced. Greater than 5 kohms, unbalanced.

Input Sensitivity: Settings include 0.775 volts or 1.4 volts for standard 1 kHz power, or a 26 dB voltage gain.

Output Connectors:

A multifunction, high-current output block is provided. Crown output

blocks include three pairs of connectors for each channel (a total of

12 connectors). This allows multiple loudspeakers to be easily

connected to each channel. High current screw terminals and banana

jacks are provided which accept spade lugs, banana plugs or bare wire.

Output Impedance: Less than 10 milliohms in series with less than 2.5 microhenries.

DC Output Offset: 10 millivolts.

Output Signal,

Stereo: Unbalanced, two-channel.

Bridge-Mono: Balanced, single-channel. Channel 1 controls are active; Channel 2 controls are by passed.

Parallel-Mono: Unbalanced, single-channel. Channel 1 controls are active; Channel 2 controls are removed from operation.

Protection

Macro-Tech

amplifiers are protected against shorted, open or mismatched loads;

overloaded power supplies; excessive temperature; chain destruction

phenomena; input overload damage; and high-frequency blowups. They also

protect loudspeakers from input/output DC and turn-on/turn-off

transients.

If unreasonable

operating conditions occur, the patented ODEP circuitry will

proportionally limit the drive level to protect the output transistor

stages, particularly in the case of elevated temperature. Transformer

overheating will result in a temporary shutdown of the affected

channel; when it has cooled to a safe temperature, the transformer will

automatically reset itself. Controlled slew rate voltage amplifiers

protect against RF burnouts. And input overload protection is provided

by the input compressors and current-limiting resistance at the input.

Turn On:

The four second turn-on delay prevents dangerous turn-on transients. It

also has "soft start" to avoid tripping the AC circuit breaker by

gradually bringing the supplies up to full voltage.

Accessories

Crown PIP and PIP2 modules including IQ-PIP modules.

Construction

Steel

chassis with durable black finish, aluminum front panel with Lexan

overlay, and specially designed flow-through ventilation from front to

back panels.

Cooling:

Internal heat sinks with on-demand, proportional forced-air cooling

controlled by ODEP. Includes custom heat diffusers and patented

circuitry to promote uniform dissipation.

Dimensions:

19-inch (48.3-cm) standard rack mount width (EIA RS-310-B), 5.25-inch

(13.3-cm) height, 15.875-inch (40.3-cm) depth behind mounting surface,

and 2.875 inches (7.3 cm) in front of mounting surface. Allow 3 inches

(7.6 cm) behind the back-panel for adequate air flow.

Net Weight: 77 pounds, 9 ounces (35.2 kg)

Shipping Weight: 88 pounds, 10 ounces (40.2 kg).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But this is just the beginning of the data!

And those specs are just for those who have trouble reading the Manual and the Data sheets which have much more - and surprisingly, much more information is supplied relative to their voltage capacity rather than how much heat is generated! Go figure!.

Manual: http://www.crownaudio.com/pdf/amps/128313.pdf

And to think that there are additional specs and data in the manual as well!

Data: http://www.crownaudio.com/pdf/amps/136707.pdf

Oh, and DO check out this info page with a variety of pertinent documents! http://www.crownaudio.com/amp_htm/ampinfo.htm#b02.

One you may especially find especially fascinating regarding the ITech series is: http://www.crownaudio.com/pdf/amps/138022.pdf

I-Tech

Power Specs: Why 2-ohm Power is Less Than 4- and 8-ohm Power

And tell me that this is a limitation as some have attempted to present in a few other places in the recent past. Or do you have the capacity to supply 100Amps current capacity to the unit? Hmmmm?

And there are also power and thermal dissipation documents as well. http://www.crownaudio.com/pdf/amps/131510.pdf

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So, why do you suppose"????

(Aside from assuming nonsense as 'fact' supported ONLY by the unwillingness of some to get off their posteriors and to actually see if such assertions are indeed even valid! Do what!?!?!) But why should that stop some from their lame assertions!?

Why do you suppose????

Well, first of all the pro market is not quite so enamored with 'power only' specs.

But I can certainly see why this would be confusing to some! But then the 'pro' market, unlike the 'audiophile' market, since the advent of the 1990's, hasn't been debating the validity of such currently trendy audiophile topics as the 'value' of signal alignment (IF it is even acknowledged as an issue worthy of discussion by the erudite 'audiophiles'), or of the validity of incorporating gimmicky EQ methodologies to 'address' speaker-room interaction anomalies! And we won't even mention the acceptance of active crossovers with signal alignment as the de facto standard in the pro market for years now. Nope! Wouldn't want to do that!

Why do you suppose?!?!?!?!?!

Does anyone have an opinion on QSC's "powerlight" or switching power supply performance? They say more pulses per/sec for better bass. Any opinions?

Are the speakeron connectors easy to find?

How are you connecting inputs, XLR or 1/4" ?

Does anyone have an opinion on QSC's "powerlight" or switching power supply performance? They say more pulses per/sec for better bass. Any opinions?

Are the speakeron connectors easy to find?

How are you connecting inputs, XLR or 1/4" ?

No opinion, objective fact. They work. These are a proven design used in the most rigorous environments imaginable...far greater than any home environment!

Speakon connectors are an industry standard. But you are not limited to using them. But you are free to use them to interface the amplifier's output if you wish and a connector of your choice on the speaker end. Speakon connectors are available through any comprehensive electronics supply center or from most MI supply stores in your area.

You can connect either an unbalanced or balanced input.

While the QSC PLX line uses the switching power supply, some use Class H amplification and some use Class A/B. What's the big difference here and which is more suitable for use with Klipsch Heritage and tube preamps?

Mike or some of the others who are intimate with all of the model numbers and features of th QSX line can further qualify this, but simply put, aside from 2 lower 'series' members which are not as suited for <=2 ohm loads (a situation that is not very critical with most home uses), the primary differences among the models and features effected are efficiency and weight.

And intending no disrespect, I can't help but playfully observe that the last I checked, neither the Heritage or tube-preamps had any weight or efficiency restrictions...(However, after a trip to WalMart, I suggest that we enact laws enforcing load limits for Capri pants - and when the load is sufficient to justify "Fruehauf" on the mud flaps, the Capri's are out! ;-)

But I feel almost certain that there is some esoteric audiophile doctrine and methodology for closely matching units by weight ratios and power efficiency ratings...as well as correlating the color of the indicator lamps with the timber and overall quality of he reproduced sound. Of course all of this may be mitigated based upon the color of the attached AC power cord, but I am confident that such factors are well known to any audiophile and I needn't dwell on that aspect for any inordinate length of time!

Of course, if you are not an 'audiophile', little of this matters (well, except for the color of the AC power cord, but again, everyone is already aware of those rules, so it simply begs the question!).

Seriously, the differences in efficiency and weight are not that critical to a home user. The RMX series employs a more traditional topology PS if you prefer. The primary sacrifice is efficiency and weight, factors which become more important in both traveling and 'flown' systems (as it is becoming more and more common to 'fly' (suspend from the ceiling) the amps along with the speaker array they power.

Mike or some of the others who are intimate with all of the model numbers and features of th QSX line can further qualify this, but simply put, aside from 2 lower 'series' members which are not as suited for <=2 ohm loads (a situation that is not very critical with most home uses), the primary differences among the models and features effected are efficiency and weight.

And intending no disrespect, I can't help but playfully observe that the last I checked, neither the Heritage of tube-preamps had any weight or efficiency restrictions... But I feel almost certain that there is some esoteric audiophile doctrine and methodology for closely matching units by weight ratios and power efficiency ratings...as well as correlating the color of the indicator lamps with the timber and overall quality of he reproduced sound. Of course all of this may be mitigated based upon the color of the attached AC power cord, but I am confident that such factors are well known to any audiophile and I needn't dwell on that aspect for any inordinate length of time!

Of course, if you are not an 'audiophile', little of this matters (well, except for the color of the AC power cord, but again, everyone is already aware of those rules, so it simply begs the question!).

Seriously, the differences in efficiency and weight are not that critical to a home user. The RMX series employs a more traditional topology PS if you prefer. The primary sacrifice is efficiency and weight, factors which become more important in both traveling and 'flown' systems (as it is becoming more and more common to 'fly' (suspend from the ceiling) the amps along with the speaker array they power.

I spoke to one of the engineers that designed the QSC PLX amps. He said that the PLX series are more suited for a critical listening environment. I forget the exact details, but it was soemthign in the power supply (and not just the digital control - I think better parts).

Yes, I agree. I was assuming that we were generally referring to the PLX or PLX2 series from the previously mentioned question. Thanks for making that clearer.

I personally would use either the PLX or PLX2 series (or the less efficient, more traditional RMX) series as well.

I would not employ the lessor series model amps designed for general distribution PA use for more critical listening environments..

--------------

Why, do you suppose?

ROFLMAO!

Indeed!!!!

So as not to clutter the brains of audiophiles with anything superfluous that might interfere with their only using their ears.

They publish plenty of specs! But you have to actually read to discover the others!

And the what you are seeing there are a brief synopsis of their MINIMUM GUARANTEED SPECS!

A brief synopsis that does NOT represent the full set of published specs!

The link for many amp documents for a variety of series: http://www.crownaudio.com/gen_htm/express/examp.htm

Hereafter, I will generally reference just the links for the MacroTech series : http://www.crownaudio.com/amp_htm/macronew.htm

and just the MA-5002VZ unit in particular.

Here is just the spec sheet (which is still an abbreviated synopsis!) http://www.crownaudio.com/amp_htm/maspec_2.htm

Macro-Tech Series

MA-5002VZ Specifications

The following applies to 120-VAC, 60-Hz units in Stereo mode with 8-ohm loads and an input sensitivity of 26-dB gain unless otherwise specified. Specifications for units supplied outside the U.S.A. may vary slightly at different AC voltages and frequencies.

ma5002pr.gif

Power

Load Impedance: Safe with all types of loads. Rated for 2 to 8 ohms in Stereo, 4 to 16 ohms in Bridge-Mono and 1 to 4 ohms in Parallel-mono mode.

Voltage Gain to 1-kHz, 8-ohm rated output;

132:1 6% or 42 dB 1 dB gain at 0.775-volt sensitivity.

71:1 12% or 37 dB 1 dB gain at 1.4-volt sensitivity.

20:1 3% or 26 dB 0.25 dB gain at the 26-dB gain setting.

Required AC Mains: 50 or 60 Hz; 100-, 120-, 200-, 208-, 230-, 240-VAC (10%).

AC Line Current,

Current, voltage and frequency requirements are provided on the units back panel.

At Idle: All units draw 90 watts or less.

AC Line Connector: 10 AWG cordset with NEMA TT30P plug is provided on 120 VAC, 60 Hz North American units.

Performance

Frequency Response: 0.1 dB from 20 Hz to 20 kHz at 1 watt.

Phase Response: 10 degrees from 10 Hz to 20 kHz at 1 watt.

Signal-to-Noise Ratio,A-weighted:

Better than 105 dB below rated 1-kHz power.

Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): 1-kHz rated power, 0.05% or less true THD.

Intermodulation Distortion (IMD): (60 Hz and 7 kHz at 4:1) Less than 0.05% from rated power to 35 dB below rated power at 8 ohms.

Damping Factor: Greater than 1,000 from 10 Hz to 400 Hz.

Controlled Slew Rate: (Slew rates are limited to useful levels for ultrasonic/RF protection.) Greater than 30 volts per microsecond.

Controls

Compressor: A three-position back-panel switch is used to control each channels input compressor. The "fast" setting provides an attack time of 4 milliseconds and a release time of 300 milliseconds; the "slow" setting provides an attack time of 12 milliseconds and a release time of 600 milliseconds; the "off" setting defeats output-driven compression.

Enable: A front-panel push button used to turn the amplifier on and off.

Input Ground Lift: A two-position back-panel switch located on the PIP2-FXQ used to isolate the input audio signal grounds from the AC (chassis) ground.

Level: A front-panel rotary potentiometer for each channel with 31 detents used to control the output level.

Loudspeaker Offset Integration: A two-position back-panel switch for each channel used to turn the loudspeaker protection circuitry on and off. The circuitry protects against DC, off-center woofer cone movement, and unwanted subsonic and ultrasonic frequencies.

Sensitivity: A three-position back-panel switch for each channel used to select input sensitivity: 0.775 volts or 1.4 volts for standard 1-kHz power, or a 26 dB voltage gain.

Stereo/Mono: A three-position back-panel switch used to select Stereo, Bridge-Mono or Parallel-Mono mode.

VZ Mode: A four-position switch for each channel inside the front panel used to control the switching mode of the VZ power supplies.

Indicators

Enable: An amber front-panel LED that shows the on/off status of the low-voltage power supply.

Signal/IOC: A green front-panel LED for each channel that flashes to show amplifier output. If a channels output waveform differs from its input by 0.05% or more, the indicator flashes brightly to show distortion.

ODEP: An amber front panel LED for each channel that shows thermal-dynamic energy reserve. Normally, each ODEP indicator is lit to show available reserve energy. In the rare event that a channel has no reserve, its indicator will dim in proportion to ODEP limiting.

ILoad/ILimit: A two-color (green/red) LED for each channel that shows load current and limit current. They glow green to indicate load current flowing out the amplifier, and they turn red when maximum current is being delivered to the load.

Input/Output

Input Connectors: Balanced three-pin XLR and balanced -inch(6.35-mm) TRS connectors are provided on the factory-installed PIP2-FXQ .

Input Impedance: Greater than 10 kohms, balanced. Greater than 5 kohms, unbalanced.

Input Sensitivity: Settings include 0.775 volts or 1.4 volts for standard 1 kHz power, or a 26 dB voltage gain.

Output Connectors: A multifunction, high-current output block is provided. Crown output blocks include three pairs of connectors for each channel (a total of 12 connectors). This allows multiple loudspeakers to be easily connected to each channel. High current screw terminals and banana jacks are provided which accept spade lugs, banana plugs or bare wire.

Output Impedance: Less than 10 milliohms in series with less than 2.5 microhenries.

DC Output Offset: 10 millivolts.

Output Signal,

Stereo: Unbalanced, two-channel.

Bridge-Mono: Balanced, single-channel. Channel 1 controls are active; Channel 2 controls are by passed.

Parallel-Mono: Unbalanced, single-channel. Channel 1 controls are active; Channel 2 controls are removed from operation.

Protection

Macro-Tech amplifiers are protected against shorted, open or mismatched loads; overloaded power supplies; excessive temperature; chain destruction phenomena; input overload damage; and high-frequency blowups. They also protect loudspeakers from input/output DC and turn-on/turn-off transients.

If unreasonable operating conditions occur, the patented ODEP circuitry will proportionally limit the drive level to protect the output transistor stages, particularly in the case of elevated temperature. Transformer overheating will result in a temporary shutdown of the affected channel; when it has cooled to a safe temperature, the transformer will automatically reset itself. Controlled slew rate voltage amplifiers protect against RF burnouts. And input overload protection is provided by the input compressors and current-limiting resistance at the input.

Turn On: The four second turn-on delay prevents dangerous turn-on transients. It also has "soft start" to avoid tripping the AC circuit breaker by gradually bringing the supplies up to full voltage.

Accessories

Crown PIP and PIP2 modules including IQ-PIP modules.

Construction

Steel chassis with durable black finish, aluminum front panel with Lexan overlay, and specially designed flow-through ventilation from front to back panels.

Cooling: Internal heat sinks with on-demand, proportional forced-air cooling controlled by ODEP. Includes custom heat diffusers and patented circuitry to promote uniform dissipation.

Dimensions: 19-inch (48.3-cm) standard rack mount width (EIA RS-310-B), 5.25-inch (13.3-cm) height, 15.875-inch (40.3-cm) depth behind mounting surface, and 2.875 inches (7.3 cm) in front of mounting surface. Allow 3 inches (7.6 cm) behind the back-panel for adequate air flow.

Net Weight: 77 pounds, 9 ounces (35.2 kg)

Shipping Weight: 88 pounds, 10 ounces (40.2 kg).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But this is just the beginning of the data!

And those specs are just for those who have trouble reading the Manual and the Data sheets which have much more - and surprisingly, much more information is supplied relative to their voltage capacity rather than how much heat is generated! Go figure!.

Manual: http://www.crownaudio.com/pdf/amps/128313.pdf

And to think that there are additional specs and data in the manual as well!

Data: http://www.crownaudio.com/pdf/amps/136707.pdf

Oh, and DO check out this info page with a variety of pertinent documents! http://www.crownaudio.com/amp_htm/ampinfo.htm#b02.

One you may especially find especially fascinating regarding the ITech series is: http://www.crownaudio.com/pdf/amps/138022.pdf

I-Tech Power Specs: Why 2-ohm Power is Less Than 4- and 8-ohm Power

And tell me that this is a limitation as some have attempted to present in a few other places in the recent past. Or do you have the capacity to supply 100Amps current capacity to the unit? Hmmmm?

And there are also power and thermal dissipation documents as well. http://www.crownaudio.com/pdf/amps/131510.pdf

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So, why do you suppose"????

(Aside from assuming nonsense as 'fact' supported ONLY by the unwillingness of some to get off their posteriors and to actually see if such assertions are indeed even valid! Do what!?!?!) But why should that stop some from their lame assertions!?

Why do you suppose????

Well, first of all the pro market is not quite so enamored with 'power only' specs.

But I can certainly see why this would be confusing to some! But then the 'pro' market, unlike the 'audiophile' market, since the advent of the 1990's, hasn't been debating the validity of such currently trendy audiophile topics as the 'value' of signal alignment (IF it is even acknowledged as an issue worthy of discussion by the erudite 'audiophiles'), or of the validity of incorporating gimmicky EQ methodologies to 'address' speaker-room interaction anomalies! And we won't even mention the acceptance of active crossovers with signal alignment as the de facto standard in the pro market for years now. Nope! Wouldn't want to do that!

Why do you suppose?!?!?!?!?!

LMAO!!!!!!!!

That is an aweful lot of copy and paste there Mas.[:P] And if you would of looked closely at my small post I was referring to the K series amps that I am interested in. And not one of your links corrects that issue with the K series amps from crown. They do not publish power specs for that amp for the 20hz-20khz full frequency band only 1 khz. But now if you can find it and link it from somewhere that I dont see that would be great. I'm just an interested shopper. Maybe it doesnt even matter but most amps are rated @ 20hz-20khz.

While the QSC PLX line uses the switching power supply, some use Class H amplification and some use Class A/B. What's the big difference here and which is more suitable for use with Klipsch Heritage and tube preamps?

Crown has a manual about the Class H design. They dont like it. QSC disagrees and uses it in every theatre,club and studio where their bigger amps are needed. I have the studio/home version of QSC the SRA design, which Bob @ QSC says is closely related to the PLX series(Bob has stated just a fan difference but the specs dont corroborate that). Mine is class H and smokes any SS amp I've ever had in my home. Folks from different forums have had the discussion with some owning both and besides power they hear no difference. You aren't going to need a tubed preamp with a QSC PLX or SRA amplifier. But if you do go that direction might I suggest a Peach. It has been a proven combination from several forum members.

LMAO!!!!!!!!

That is an aweful lot of copy and paste there Mas. And if you would of looked closely at my small post I was referring to the K series amps that I am interested in. And not one of your links corrects that issue with the K series amps from crown. They do not publish specs for that amp for the 20hz-20khz full frequency band only 1 khz. But now if you can find it and link it from somewhere that I dont see that would be great. I'm just an interested shopper. Maybe it doesnt even matter but most amps are rated @ 20hz-20khz.

Keep laughin! But then its not me who is at a loss for data or familiarity with the amps. Note the subtle irony???

Might I suggest a little more "Thinking your @ss off"!

So what is this, a swooft tag team effort? I don' know how to cut and paste hand holding, nor will I read the data for you. And if my effort to demonstrate that Crown makes available more data that what was represented is not enough. Well...baby birds will be baby birds...

As stated, I posted an example of the typical data available for Crown amps. Ah gee, did I not jump through the hoops and paste the particular document that You were interested in. The irony of the situation is, the topic was Pro amps by Crown and I was more interested in another series. And I posted a production model.

And since when is your inability to find information an indication that my post was inadequate? I have relatively reasonable rates if you need research performed.

But I erroneously assumed a slightly higher than remedial skill set for "interested shoppers" who just might be motivated to find such data! (With the net result being amazingly reminiscent of baby birds in a nest 'motivated' to hunt for food!)

And that even neglects that fact that Crown has a free 800 number and a staff that is quite willing talk to "interested shoppers"! But then that too assumes the ability to use a telephone... Data sheets, telephones, where will the challenges end?

The fact is "interested shopper", the K Series is a "discontinued series". For those who only complain and need others to do your leg work for you, that means that they are NOT BEING MADE ANY LONGER.

But even so, the docs are quite available!

[:o]

http://www.crownaudio.com/pdf/legacy/102010.pdf

http://www.crownaudio.com/pdf/legacy/136713.pdf

http://www.crownaudio.com/pdf/legacy/k1_2calc.pdf

And there's more, but I am not a motivated "interested shopper".

I can only imagine the carnage and confusion if you ever reach the

point when and if you try to figure out what to do with the long cord

with the 3 prongs on it.

BTW, call up Ford or BMW and ask them to send you a brochure for their 1981 models. See what they tell an "interested shopper"....