I've been promoted to obscure!

Coytee

I got a lovely letter from a wonderful Mr. Cheng Pui who of course, has something like 250 million dollars and he wants me to help invest it for him with me keeping like 30% of it... What hurts my feeling is this:

Although, I do not know you in person, I have received your contact via, personal search while seeking a reliable but obscure individual to assist me in this pending transaction

If I'm so obscure, then how does he know I'm reliable?

If anyone here wants to take 30% of his 250 million dollars, just lemme know. I of course, will require from you FIRST, a mere $10,000 for giving you the information to get you on to your way of untold wealth and riches!!

LOL...I watched this same type of transaction last night on NBC's, 'To catch a Scam Artist'. It was pretty funny. I think the name Chris Hansen used on the show was "Jim E. Damoni". He actually got to meet face to face with a couple of the scammers. Of course he played them, just like they play so many people who fall for this type of thing.

Send Mr. scammer on a goose chase. Have fun with him.[6]

Hey, maybe he is another freeloader, just looking for that free meal at your seminar????[;)]

That was pretty good!

An update on that... I've had a total of about 12 repeaters now. Of the original offenders that I called about coming into the office for a visit, 10 out of 12 of them mysteriously cancelled their evening plans. The last pair (husband/wife) actually came to our (same) seminar just 6 weeks ago. She said that they DID have some questions but her husband is out of town. She said to cancel them for the dinner "since it's the same material" but to call her Monday (today) after she's had time to get with her husband on when they might be able to come to the office.

I'll be calling her after lunch but for the record, I'll be surprised if they make appointment... just a gut feeling. Hopefully they do and if in fact they do, I have been thinking on going to the same restaurant and buying a gift certificate for them. Logic being, I can tell them it wasn't about NOT buying them dinner (which it's not, if they're seriously interested and not just plate licking) however, it was about creating space for someone NEW and to show my good faith, "here is a dinner for two coupon" at the same place, on me.

If they don't come by, then I can just use the same certificate to defray the bill when the crowd is there.

I've got about 110 people lined up now (some will probably not actually show up though) and at about $30/person, I need to make something good happen.

I am about to come in to some money via a member of the Royal Family in Nigeria. They apparently need someone to hold their money for a while while they get out of the country. Ill be paid a handsome processing fee!!

I can hardly wait!

Josh

Coytee,

I sincerely wish you all the best.

I hope that lady (the call back when she gets with husband) isn't a better salesman than you!!![;)]

Thanks for the well wishes. I'll admit to being a bit nervous spending what is appearing to be 10K on a mere 'hope' that something pans out.

Pardon any self righteous cynicism in my voice (typing?) but I just hung up with her. Seems her husband said they're WAY too busy right now to take (any?) time to come to my office and have any of their questions answered. I offered to stay after hours or even come in on a weekend. She said that things just too busy at this time of year "with all that's going on". Funny though, how they had ample time to swing by for dinner? I did tell her that they were welcome to call me (since she admitted they had the info we gave them last time) anytime when they had some questions and I'd be more than happy to help them out.

I'm 12/12 on offering repeaters a visit to the office and 12/12 people cancel out on me. Sooooooooooo, either I'm a real horses hiney or perhaps have a decent nose for some of these free loaders!! (maybe a touch of both?)

Did you Botox that dog or something?

Anyway - get the full 7 course meal ready - I am coming over with the contents of my email box. I appear to have a vertical market in Nigerians who have inherrited untold riches but just need a bank account to get to it - somehow....

You are obviously the man - I thought we might start with the smoke salmon.....

Phil,

All hope is not lost.

Maybe you will meet a wealthy Nigerian on your cruise and I know positively you will get a really nice meal at least once a day.

Thanks for covering my back from another plate licker!

[:o] [;)] [:o] [;)] [:o] [;)]

Plate Licker....[:|]

Now that I have been found out, I guess I will need to wear those cheap fake glasses with big nose and mustache....and crash the party. You will be able to tell me as I will drive my El Darrado convertable caddy with bullhorn hood orniment and I will be wearing my plaid yellow and brown leisure suit.[H]

• Moderators

Phil,

Everything else sounds okay, but leave the plaid yellow and brown leisure suit at home, wear the light blue one instead.[;)] You know, the one you wear with the white shoes. That way Coytee won't know who you are.[;)]

Come on, I wanted to see Herb Tarlick show up and help throw some turkeys out of the airplane next Thanksgiving. Thumbs Up

Phil sounds like he might be more than just your average plate licker, he might even be a pot licker. Just remember to never invite him to your home. 36_1_51.gif36_1_12.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZNxmk673YYCA