Klipsch Headphones?

I was thinking about this last evening while listening to a pair of headphones made by another company, a four-letter-word here ;), and was wondering if Klipsch had ever considered headphones worthy of possible product development. If not, wouldn't that be kind of a neat thing? I certainly would be interested!

Erik

DD,

Wholeheartedly concur on the bass output from the Promedia 2.0's. Yesterday was a bank holiday. I was at home and we have painters in doing the whole house. As a result my stereo was in pieces in the middle of the living room covered with tarps and I was restricted to the study where I have a pair of 2.0's on the computer.

Whilst working on a excel I had a radio station playing from the internet. At some point they played some rap tune or other and the bass was amazing. I have no idea how they managed to do that with such tiny drivers but I was really impressed. This is certainly far bassier than my old computer speakers - which had a separate sub that sat under the desk.

The only negative for these is the power supply connection. I find that unless the cable is in exactly the right position the sound disappears and it replaced by a continuous rat-a-tat-tat from the speakers - lift the power cable a bit and it stops. Why they chose to implement such a non-standard power adapter fitting is beyond me.

I should really take them in to be looked at - but who has the time when it is a problem that is easily addressed?

Uh oh... This reminds me that I have a very nice Sennheiser headphones (been packed away for years!)... but no headphone amplifier. I sure would like to find a nice tube-type headphone amp that didn't cost an arm and a leg!

Just what I needed... another "quest!"

DD,

Wholeheartedly concur on the bass output from the Promedia 2.0's. Yesterday was a bank holiday. I was at home and we have painters in doing the whole house. As a result my stereo was in pieces in the middle of the living room covered with tarps and I was restricted to the study where I have a pair of 2.0's on the computer.

Whilst working on a excel I had a radio station playing from the internet. At some point they played some rap tune or other and the bass was amazing. I have no idea how they managed to do that with such tiny drivers but I was really impressed. This is certainly far bassier than my old computer speakers - which had a separate sub that sat under the desk.

The only negative for these is the power supply connection. I find that unless the cable is in exactly the right position the sound disappears and it replaced by a continuous rat-a-tat-tat from the speakers - lift the power cable a bit and it stops. Why they chose to implement such a non-standard power adapter fitting is beyond me.

I should really take them in to be looked at - but who has the time when it is a problem that is easily addressed?

Max,

That is an odd issue with the power supply. Sounds like it might be a bad cable which intermittently looses it's connection. Might want to e-mail Amy and get Klipsch to send another one out to replace that.

..Do you have a tube amp?

Erik

Hi Eric Yep, I do have a tube amp, but [alas] it is my main amp and for headphone listening, Id rather not heat up all those 6550s. [;)]<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Something a little smaller would be nice something that wouldnt actually heat the house.

I would even like to find a good DIY kit.

I really like your little chrome chassis amp !! [Y] [Y]

Rob

Rob: Thanks for the compliment, and with that kind of power in the one you mentioned you have, I clearly see why you don't want to mess with it. I have something in mind that might be fun to try, but let me get a link for you to check out. Supposed to be a decent little amp, very good price point, and easy to put together with a little soldering practice.

Marems: I really like the 650s! More than anything else, they are very comfortable for long listening periods, but being an open design don't work well when used in the same room if someone else is watching TV -- too much interference. In that case, I use the little Etymotic ear plug-phones, or a pair my wife tried in a store and got me for Christmas. She said she was amazed at how good they sounded for the price. The company name is the same as one I brought up in another thread. ;)

Erik

Rob:

I've ordered lots of parts from the following place, and they are good to deal with. This little amp has gotten several good reviews, and some improvements have been made to it since it first came out. Pretty inexpensive way to get into tubes, and it's designed to be a learning project that also offers good performance for the price. It's something that I think could work well to modify for headphone use, and would require the necessary connections, including either phone jack that disconnects the speaker outputs when the jack is inserted, or by way of a switch, which is what I use. Or, if you just planned to use it for headphone use, you wouldn't need the switch. You'd just need to be careful not to run a signal through the amp without a load (headphone jack inserted or speakers connected).

http://www.tubesandmore.com/

See the list on the left of the homepage. Scroll to Kits, then to Audio, and you'll find this amp. It's available in both monoblock and stereo, and is under $100 for the stereo version. A little chassis is also available for it.

Erik

edit: oops, seems I gave you the price for the monoblock. The stereo version is about $140. Still a great deal!

Rob:

I've ordered lots of parts from the following place, and they are good to deal with. This little amp has gotten several good reviews, and some improvements have been made to it since it first came out. Pretty inexpensive way to get into tubes, and it's designed to be a learning project that also offers good performance for the price. It's something that I think could work well to modify for headphone use, and would require the necessary connections, including either phone jack that disconnects the speaker outputs when the jack is inserted, or by way of a switch, which is what I use. Or, if you just planned to use it for headphone use, you wouldn't need the switch. You'd just need to be careful not to run a signal through the amp without a load (headphone jack inserted or speakers connected).

http://www.tubesandmore.com/

See the list on the left of the homepage. Scroll to Kits, then to Audio, and you'll find this amp. It's available in both monoblock and stereo, and is under $100 for the stereo version. A little chassis is also available for it.

Erik

edit: oops, seems I gave you the price for the monoblock. The stereo version is about $140. Still a great deal!

Very interesting, Eric... Thanks for the link, I'll check into it.

Have a super Monday [:'(]

Rob