anyone have a turntable they are looking to sell ??????????

I have a Oracle Axexandria table with an Eminent Technology arm. The platter has a 1/16" wabble in it. I don't know the cause yet. Once rectified I would sell at a very fair price. I have the original box. Anyone interested PM me. We could explore an as is price and you solve the wabble or a factory fixed solution.

Pirhana (and anyone else who cares to note):

IC at this point, but seriously considering selling my vinyl rig. Love it, but there's a 1954 Gibson J50 that's captured my soul, so something has to go....

- Clear Basis 2001, w/reflex clamp, custom made plexi cover (exactly like the Basis)

- Graham 2.2, regular wand (2.0 w/upgrade to 2.2)

- Benz Micro M2 (about 3 - 400 hours, tops)

Would like to sell as package, all boxes and manuals, pristine condition, never abused, non-smoking household, yadayada.

Also have Audio Research PH3, also immaculate (hard-wired version). FYI, I'm the original owner of all equipment, and if this goes, have quite a bit of Audiophile vinyly, predominantly rock, some jazz as well, to unload.

Pirhana (and anyone else who cares to note):

IC at this point, but seriously considering selling my vinyl rig. Love it, but there's a 1954 Gibson J50 that's captured my soul, so something has to go....

- Clear Basis 2001, w/reflex clamp, custom made plexi cover (exactly like the Basis)

- Graham 2.2, regular wand (2.0 w/upgrade to 2.2)

- Benz Micro M2 (about 3 - 400 hours, tops)

Would like to sell as package, all boxes and manuals, pristine condition, never abused, non-smoking household, yadayada.

Also have Audio Research PH3, also immaculate (hard-wired version). FYI, I'm the original owner of all equipment, and if this goes, have quite a bit of Audiophile vinyly, predominantly rock, some jazz as well, to unload.

Yes, I am interested in your Basis 2001 and the Basis reflex clamp. I've decided on a Vector tonearm w/Transfiguration Temper cartridge to go with it however. So, would you be interested in separating them, and just selling the table and clamp alone?

Please give me the complete package price as well if you wouldn't mind. Thanks!

Chaz -

Hate to do this, as I might dig myself right into the doghouse, but a few questions about your rig.

What are you looking to get for the Basis package? I heard Gary's 2001 a while back when I was getting back into vinyl and fell in love with it. I took a small jump toward that end when I picked up Joe's 1400 with a modified RB300 arm (incognito wiring) and a Grado reference Sonata cart. I'm very happy with it, but my ultimate goal is still a 2001 with a vector arm. Which brings me to my second question. As I'm not too familiar with the Graham arms, what type mods am I looking at if I eventually find a vector 3 arm for this 2001? Sorry to sound a bit ignorant, but I am interested in your set-up (and possibly your vinyl as well).

BTW, where are you located?

Thanks in advance - Chuck

Tom and Chuck,

Before making your decision, you need to check to see if the cutout for the graham will work for the Vector. As great as the 2001 is, I think one of the keys is the Vector. It was built specifically to mate with the Basis table. I heard Larry's when he switched from a Graham 2.2??? to the Vector and the difference was fairly significant. The Transfiguration is also a perfect match for that rig.

I'm sure Larry can answer your question and probably Travis (DWILawyer) since Larry already converted his Basis and Travis has recently upgraded to the Vector.

Good luck to you both! You won't be dissappointed. Some of these "plastic" tables really sound great!!! ;)

Chuck and Tom,

Chuck, FWIW, my guess is that the tonearm difference accounted for most of the difference you heard between Gary's setup and yours. The 2001 is very good, however -- I've heard that it's a quieter table than the 1400, although that difference would be submerged by the difference between the Vector and the RB300.

As for what mods might be requrired to replace a Graham with a Vector -- I had a very similar arm to the one in the package, a Graham 2.2 that had been upgraded from a 2.0 -- actually, it began as a 1.5 and then was upgraded to a 2.0 to a 2.2. I also had a "base clamp" on the 2.2, which was supposed to be a step up, bass-wise. I guess so, but it wasn't that much IMO.

ANYWAY, my recollection is that I had to get a new "armboard", i.e., have something new drilled out. My old Ovation has a separate 3.5" X 8" brass-plugged armboard, and I had to get a new one that was drilled by Basis for the Vector. My GUESS is you'd have to get a new plinth from Basis that's drilled out for a Vector.

However, I'm not into this that much now and don't have a good source of information, so I'm afraid you'll have to turn to a Basis dealer to get the exact info. Maybe Tom will find out something he can share.

Thanks, Gary.

This is something I won't even consider if there are any major mods needed for the Vector. BTW, did you see there's a Vector 3 on A'gon right now? Hard for me not to jump on that.

On another note, I can't wait to hear a review of your new mono rig. I know you are giddy with anticipation.

Chuck

Edit - Thanks for your input as well, Larry. You posted as I was typing my reply to Gary.

As a comment, it seems like used Vectors on the forum have often been bought separately, like Gary's and Travis's.

However, re the Audiogon item, I can NOT figure out what that big gold thing is underneath the arm's pivot assembly, and would definitely check it out with Basis before buying it!

Larry

Wow -- now THIS is an active board!

Tom/Chuck -- sounds like you guys are sold on the Vector(?), and if so, need to find out what the deal is with the armboard -- would appreciate your doing so and letting me know if still interested based upon that information. At that point, will do the research necessary to give you price (since I'd be parting out the Graham and MB cartridge). Sound fair?

Yes Chaz, this can be a very active board at times. It's also a lot of fun and a wealth of knowledge. Hope you stick around.

As for your Basis, I will have to pass, as it sounds like a new armboard or plinth would need to be fabricated. I have not contacted Basis, but from Larry's comments, I believe mods of some extent would be in order to prep the table for a Vector. Please don't take my word as gospel, though.

Chuck

i have not see what the ask price for the 2001 yet but if it is reasonable i would not pass it up for the arm differance, the graham is a marvel all by itself absolutely no slouch when it comes to arms, and i would dare say it would compare very favorably to the vector, the engineering is top notch

Joe

Wow -- now THIS is an active board!

Tom/Chuck -- sounds like you guys are sold on the Vector(?), and if so, need to find out what the deal is with the armboard -- would appreciate your doing so and letting me know if still interested based upon that information. At that point, will do the research necessary to give you price (since I'd be parting out the Graham and MB cartridge). Sound fair?

Chaz, absolutely. I will be enquiring about the armboard situation with a local dealer. They can often be slow to respond. Especially if they sense it will not bring them any $. I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks!