Klipsch dealer's

matthew2

Why do some klipsch dealer's only sell some of the klipsch speakers? Why not all? The dealer here only sell's synergy and reference, and only a select few of the reference. I'v never even seen a heritage klipsch speaker before! (Or more importantly, herd one before)

Also, does anyone know if klipsch is going to release a new line of speakers any time soon, and if so what kinds of things do they have in mind?

Just wondering, Thanks

------------------

Matthew

Gatta' love klipsch

nothing new coming I know 'cept was hearing 'bout this new jubilee. i did a search at www.klipsch.com & it shows the kpt-jubilee under commercial audio at about US$7k each. maybe it was a home version jubilee that was coming out(?)

yea no heritage series 'round here either. not even heresy II, which are the only heritage in production at this time. seems the synergy & reference series are what's being pushed &/or more commercially viable. of course even when the other heritage were in production they were few & far between at dealers.

------------------

My Home Systems Page

This message has been edited by boa12 on 12-19-2001 at 07:23 PM

A retail storefront dealer wants to provide a particular mix of product that they feel will sell the the best for their particular customer base. This mix is influenced by budgets, physical space, price points, styling of the product, etc., etc. One of the reasons Heritage product is rarely displayed is the amount of space it takes up on the showroom floor, especially if you consider the need to corner load K-Horns.

Of course we would love all our dealers to carry and display properly all of our product, but so would the other 4 or 5 speaker manufacturers represented by a given retailer. Therefore, some select certain models to carry by each manufacturer, displaying a mix that gives logical steps and choices without, they feel, confusing their customer. Anything they do not carry by a given manufacturer can be special ordered, therefore the customer can still enjoy the benefits of a manufacturers warranty and support.

Our new Reference bookshelf and floor standing speakers just hit the market within the last six months and our new Reference subwoofers have only been out several weeks.

PhilH

In the interest of feeding grist to wildly unsubstanciated rumor mill...

a) Klipsch has been working on getting a new source for the drivers for the Heritage line for, like, 4ever. Many folks here have pointed out that it doesn't seem like it would be all that difficult to get replacements that were close matches for the drivers previously used in the Heritage speakers. Perhaps Klipsch have something different up their corporate sleeves?

B) The infamous Jubilee speaker, aka Klipschorn Y2k, of which a prototype has been seen from time to time, such as at the Hope facility by those on last year's tour, has yet to appear. Paul his royal self is working on this. Iffen when it appears, it oughta beya spectacalar beastie.

c) Prior to the release of the newer Reference speakers and subs, there was some noise on this board (I believe from BobG among others) that Klipsch was, in addition to the Reference line we've seen, working on a speaker line that would "..compete with the best of the best that's out there..". I can't believe he was talking about the RF-7; while it's a great speaker at it's price point, or even quite a bit above, it's NOT a JMLab Grande Utopia, or a Dynaudio Evidence, or a Krell LAT, or a Wilson X-1 Grand SLAMM, or a Martin Logan Statement, or a... well, you get the idea. What think's you about what Klipsch could do if there were no ceiling on the price and they threw their full resources at a true, American Heritage Classic piece of work priced at, say, $50,000?

d) They bought an electronics company. They make damn good amplifiers. They have top flight engineers. They have world class testing and development facilities. So where are the powered speakers with the digitally phase corrected time response and the digitally equalized frequency response and the cool blue LEDs?

Hum? Smile.gif

------------------

Music is art

Audio is engineering

Ray's Music System

Here's an idea....

Since Sony, Gateway and Macintosh are now openning their own stores in malls located in big cities, why doesn't Klipsch do the same. My local dealer can "order" me some Klipsch, but he doesn't carry any. Worthless. The Tweeter in the neighboring town has some, but they are all set up incorrectly, and it seems to be a store merchandising policy to place the surround speakers far back and HIGH on the rear walls. Frankly, this makes the Klipsch sound terrible in comparison to how they could sound.

I want to see a "Klipsch Store" at the mall which displays and demos ALL the current Klipsch gear. Hey, you can power them with Monodial! That way Klipsch can control room factors and carefully make sure speaker placement is optimized. Order your speakers right from the store. Instead of dumping them off at Ubid, you can sell your clearance speakers at these stores, too.

I'll be your first branch manager here at Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, IL. We can put it right next to Circuit City and Sears. I doubt anyone will buy Bose again.

T-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KG 2.2v (center)

KLF-C7 (center in storage)

KG 1 (rears)

KSW-12 (sub)

Denon AVR 681/1601

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Kenwood LVD700 LD

Sony CD changer

Sony 27" Trinitron

Sony PLX I

matthew2 mentioned that his dealer only carried one line of Klipsch's. Now when I was in retail some twenty years ago it was a known tactic to NOT carry the exact same models as your competitors. This was to prevent price wars where neither store makes a whole lot of that nasty 'p'-word. Profit. This was a lot easier to do with items such as t.v.'s or VCR's but with Klipsch's it's a little harder I'm sure.

On top of all that, to keep the Heritage line line in stock would take up a boatload of initial capital just to stock it the first time. For a lot of stores this wouldn't leave a lot of money left to keep non-speakercwm4.gifitems in stock.

Yes, i would like to see a Klipsch based store in Southern to Mid-Ohio but to draw a steady stream of moderate customer traffic from a distance is gonna be tough.

------------------

Tom

KLF-20 Mahogany (Cornell Hotwired)

McIntosh C33 Preamp

McIntosh MVP-841 CD/DVD

Rotel RB-1080 Amp

Yamaha PF-800 Turntable/ Sure V15 Type V Cartridge

Ortofon VMS-30 mkII Cartridge

Stanton 999SS Cartridge

Yamaha K-1020 Cassette

dbx 1231 EQ

H.H. Scott 830z Analyzer