m00n funnie

m00n

• Moderators

Just so I don't get confused, what about Redneck, Coonass, or Hillbilly?

I have no problem being called a Coonass, and living in Mississippi for 8 years I guess now I am a Cooneck, or Redass ? We live to far south to really know about Hillbilly's, but I think there closer to a Redneck than a Coonass ?

Anything with the word 'coon' in it has a very real possiblily of being taken the wrong way, whether you mean it to or not.

Just to set the record straight...over the past few years a lot of Coonasses have moved to Mississippi...therefore the term Cooneck is properly defined as "a transplanted Coonass who has successfully infiltrated the Redneck society". Same definition in reverse applies to Redass. We must remain PC.

As far as Hillbillies go, I think that's those folks up there in Arkansas?[;)]

All the same, potentially offensive stuff doesn't belong on the forum.

That's nothing dood. Nothing.

Agreed, it was pretty innocuous, but any sort of racial stuff is a particularly touchy area for many folks.

You know, we live in a day in age and in a country where people want to kill us simply because we are Americans. They burn the flag that I served under, they come here to our schools and drain our tax dollars.... I've seen people from foreign countrys come here and take advantage of our hospitality... So, that said, I don't feel that this was anything to be worried about. I for one am tired of being so friggen politically correct because I just might offend someone... If someone was to get offended over something that silly, then THEY are the ones with the problem, not me. [;)]

My daddy's name is Billy Gene.

He's from Arkansas.

Marked Tree, Arkansas.

He's a hillbilly.

The truth.

Arf, i've been through there many times.

Yes Christy, many hillbillies in Ark & they're [;)] proud of it.

All the same, potentially offensive stuff doesn't belong on the forum.

That's nothing dood. Nothing.

Agreed, it was pretty innocuous, but any sort of racial stuff is a particularly touchy area for many folks.

You know, we live in a day in age and in a country where people want to kill us simply because we are Americans. They burn the flag that I served under, they come here to our schools and drain our tax dollars.... I've seen people from foreign countrys come here and take advantage of our hospitality... So, that said, I don't feel that this was anything to be worried about. I for one am tired of being so friggen politically correct because I just might offend someone... If someone was to get offended over something that silly, then THEY are the ones with the problem, not me. [;)]

*Stands up and applauds[Y]