F/S VG condition Heresy III's

hey guys, I got a set of Heresy's and decided I didn't need them. For

all of you who want to talk me out, thanks but you can read the thread

where I made the decision on...I feel confident in my decision. I will

be posting pictures soon, but until then you can search for "heresy III

price" or something like that. I am open to all forms of trade and

offers. Please feel free to pm or email me with any questions. Thanks!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all, sorry I didn't know I was supposed to set a price...never

really bought or sold anything on a forum. You all know what I got them

for, so that is a slight disadvantage...but I would like to either

trade for a juicy preamp (or equivilant tube pre),VRD amp (and I can

throw in some cash to cover the differance), or $950. I haven't really

seen these sell on here or ebay much because they are so new...so from

what I know this seems like a fair price...if I find out otherwise I

will work with whoever the highest bidder is.

One more time................He comes on the Forum telling how he got these HIII's for $650. a pair, and now offers them to us for $950. a pair, and no one else seems to think that's wrong...........that's NO DEAL...........Seems like every new guy has something to sell lately, and after it's sold, they are gone, is that what this Forum has come to ????? This subject has been mentioned before.............

OB,

Just capitalism at it's finest. Seems to me the mistake was "bragging" about a good price and getting caught jacking up the price.

"Any misdeeds on a persons part will always come back and bite them in the posterior".

Harry

Don't be shy OB, tell us what you really think!

And PLEASE don't get all pissed off but I got to disagree with you on this subject.

Alli owns RF-7's.

My guess it's why alli came here in the first place.

Then we start reading all about the other great Klipsch products and we start looking around for some more Klipsch to collect

(this could be me here)

and then you buy some (not cheep) and see that you better sell it because you really don't NEED it but it was too good a deal to pass up...

So you put it on the Gon or Ebay right?

I think he is doing us a service to at least offer it to the rest of us. Regardless of the price.

Even regarding the price, isn't $950 a good price? More then I might spend but not out of line don't you think?

Just out of curiosity OB, how much do YOU think alli should be asking for them?

~Noah

OB,

Just capitalism at it's finest. Seems to me the mistake was "bragging" about a good price and getting caught jacking up the price.

"Any misdeeds on a persons part will always come back and bite them in the posterior".

Harry

Free Enterpise......no doubt.....but, that could be why he has no takers.......I don't think I'm alone about my feelings on this, just the first to mention it, and that's really not a deal..........My Buddy just bought 4 new Cherry HIII's, and didn't pay $950. a pair......

OB,

Harry

Free Enterpise......no doubt.....but, that could be why he has no takers.......I don't think I'm alone about my feelings on this, just the first to mention it, and that's really not a deal..........My Buddy just bought 4 new Cherry HIII's, and didn't pay $950. a pair......

You are onto this guy Buckster! This has got to be the same guy that was "run off" the Lansing Heritage Forum for crap like this. He was known by a few names there the most notable was "Nightbrace." This is just educated speculation but there can't be two "clowns" like him in the same town, Urbana Ohio.

OB,

Harry

Old Buckster,

Your buddy got new Cherry HIII's and didn't pay $950? We need to provide some air time for the seller. That is a fabulous price for new, I'd think.

AUDIO CLASSICS......Where it looks to me like Customer Satisfaction is the GOAL.........Same place I bought my Mahogany H2's new for $800. last year..................SORRY GUYS, I call 'em the way I see 'em.............3 1/2 hours one way, but worth it, McIntosh Factory 5 minutes from there...

NOAH, my problem is telling everyone you paid $650. and turn around and try to sell on here for $950.........Come on, Guy, that's not how the forum guys conduct business on here............Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think so.........I'm not saying he shouldn't make something, but $300 ??? I don't blame him for trying..........but............

I'm with Daddy Dee on this one. What the guy paid is HIS business....not yours. $950 for new Heresy IIIs sounds pretty darn fair to me if they are like new.

You think he's the first one to try that around here? [:D] c'mon. Nothing wrong with what he is doing.

I'm with Daddy Dee on this one. What the guy paid is HIS business....not yours. $950 for new Heresy IIIs sounds pretty darn fair to me if they are like new.

You think he's the first one to try that around here? [:D] c'mon. Nothing wrong with what he is doing.

He made it my business when he said, on many occasions ,he paid $650..........IT'S NOW PUBLIC BUSINESS.........You need to read BOTH threads, then tell me the same thing !!!!!!!!!!

I kind of ride the fence on this issue. I understand the desire to want to make a good profit, but at the same time, in the short time I have been a forum member, I also understand the comradery(probably spelled this word wrong) that this forum seems to have between it's members. We are all audio enthusiasts that love our hobby. So, I don't take offense at someone trying to turn a profit, but, I think this would have been received better if it wasn't such a large profit. Nearly 50%, thats a hell of a markup between friends, or should I say, perceived friends? That sort of a deal probably should have gone to ebay, audiogon, or craigslist.

I respect everyone's opinion on this as it is a touchy subject. It would be better if the seller didn't announce what he purchased for in the first place....of course.

But I still think profit margin is irrelevant and final selling price is what is most important. That is what really determines if someone has been ripped off or gotten a nice deal.

New condition Heresy IIIs for $950 is a good price. Could it be a better price? Well.....it could also have been higher.

Most people on this forum try to give the other members nice deals. It's part of the unsaid protocol here. But we all need to remember that this is a world wide forum and will be frequented by participants of all types. "Member deals" won't always be the case.

I respect everyone's opinion on this as it is a touchy subject. It would be better if the seller didn't announce what he purchased for in the first place....of course.

But I still think profit margin is irrelevant and final selling price is what is most important. That is what really determines if someone has been ripped off or gotten a nice deal.

New condition Heresy IIIs for $950 is a good price. Could it be a better price? Well.....it could also have been higher.

Most people on this forum try to give the other members nice deals. It's part of the unsaid protocol here. But we all need to remember that this is a world wide forum and will be frequented by participants of all types. "Member deals" won't always be the case.

Matching numbers, no defects, and a 5 year warranty...that's what you get when you buy new form an authorized Klipsch Dealer for $950.......