Led Zep

Getting ready to leave to go see Frampton. Anyone remember him?

He's bald now and looks like a used car salesman. Quite a change from the goofy long curly haired dude staring at me from the Frampton Comes Alive album. Still plays that wa-wa thing like a champ though.

Getting ready to leave to go see Frampton. Anyone remember him?

Hey Dean,

Maybe you could "show me the way?" Sorry, I couldn't resist. My Uncle was at the show in San Francisco when they recorded "Frampton Comes Alive." He really didn't know much of him other than he was in Humble Pie. He said it was a good show but had no idea the history that was being made in front of him. My favorite song of his is "Shine On" which he did with HP and solo.

Hey Michael,

I'm always interested to hear anything Zep! Not much out here on the left coast lately however.

I saw him in my senior year, and he can really bring it. He lives in Cincinnati now, and I catch him every time he comes around. Found out last night he just won a Grammy for his newest recording. He played a few cuts from it and yeah, he can still tear it up. It's awesome watching him do his thing in a small amphitheatre. Paul McCartney's birthday is Monday, so I guess it was fitting that the encore was While my Guitar Gently Weeps. Everyone became so quiet and still it looked like the whole place had been turned to stone. Yeah, we can do reverence. It's always a bittersweet experience going to these type events. You definitely feel your age, which is a little depressing, but you also know for certain that you lived through a very special time that will never be repeated.

"C'mon Man, roll that thing up, we gotta hit the road."

post-3205-1381933477497_thumb.jpg

Maybe.:)

My aunt had tickets in her hand for about 20 of us to see Zeppelin in Cleveland in 1980. She worked at one of the big Cleveland Rock stations at the time. I guess Bonham didn't want to play in Cleveland.

Frampton in a Led Zeppelin based post ......................... There ought to be a law..........

I hear ya bucky ole boy, Frampton, Zeppelin................... Frampton, Zeppelin..................Frampton, Zeppelin..... no, they just don't mix right. Kind of like Scotch Wiskey with Gin.... Awg!

Frampton in a Led Zeppelin based post ......................... There ought to be a law..........

Well Buckster, they do have some things in common:

1. They are British.

2. Both Frampton and Page play Les Paul's.

3. The lead singer for Humble Pie and one of Frampton's band mates, Steve Marriot, was nearly the lead singer for Led Zeppelin.

OK, I guess that's about it. A bit of a stretch I know but hey, it's all Rock and Roll, isn't it?

I saw Frampton with Styx last summer here in Indy.. (Technically Verizon is in Noblesville, Just north of Indy.. but thats another story LOL) I think we were the 3rd stop on the tour... about all of the Pavilion seats and 3/4 of the ones on the grass too sold.. Frampton seemed as though he was humbled a bit, that so many appreciated him. (I had 3rd row seats I could hear them talk between songs I was so close...) he said, "Wow.. you can really hear em singing back to us tonight...I love it." And we did. Show me the way.. was just awesome!!

Styx, after Dennis De Young, IMO is even better.. The keyboardist not only SMOKES on the keys... He has an even better range in his voice. Again all night the crowd new almost every song and like DeanG said.. We kinda felt our age.. But something magical happens that just feels good to know we all made it through alive too.

AAARRGHGH, well I just got my computer back up and running. Got up yesterday and Router is 'lights out', checked everything, power strip on, wall wart plugged in... Spent a good deal of time yesterday with very nice SBC tech support getting my modem running straight through.

We never made the show. I go to concerts with a buddy who is an old hippie like myself. Unknown to me, he'd also promised to take along another couple of friends. One thing led to another and despite his Rousch-supercharged truck, made it downtown about 15 minutes before the start of the show. Now Indy is awash in peeps with the possible last US Grand Prix, opening of Jazz Fest (Klipsch where were you?) and on a perfect summer's eve, this rock/orchestra show. The radio stations blitzkrieged advertising the day of show, and it seemed like everyone in the city was downtown that night.

We got close to the venue but traffic and parking were a nightmare and going nowhere.

My buddy nixed the show. I tried to hide my disappointment and he still has all his limbs. He should know that Zep is my fave band. I got maced at the MSA show in 1977!

So I just came home and slid in the DVD of the REAL Led Zep! Ahhhh, home sweet home.

But the orchestra would have been nice. I hear it was a good show with vocals lacking a bit. But the guitarist slayed em. Oh well..

Yup your right Bonzo.........but, after watching Led Zeppelin DVD this week-end......Frampton wishes he could tune Jimmy's Guitar.....Humble Pie was better without him........but, every one has their own opinion............

I met bassist Stanley Sheldon in Denver Co while photographing some Tommy Bolin tribute concerts. In a backstage chat, he told me that while he was out making fame and huge bucks filling arenas with Frampton, during the recording of the 'Frampton' album, he was dodging to a smaller room at the Record Plant, where he was 'honored to have a chance with Tommy- I may have been playing with Frampton, but I was IN Tommy's band!'